<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: Ballet Tutu Flip Flops

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Ballet Tutu Flip Flops

We are trying ballet class again this year! Last year it was a disaster. My daughter was scared and wouldn't even go into the room for 3 weeks in a row. And this was after I bought the shoes, outfits and paid for the whole semester! Ha.

This year she keeps asking to go. I think it might have to do with her favorite T.V. show lately called "Olivia". Anyhow, this time she is getting the cheap parks and rec classes and I found a Capezio leotard at Goodwill for a buck!

Instead of getting her ballet shoes yucky walking through the parking lot, I thought she needed some flip flops and then switch shoes when she gets in the dance room. Here they are, and of course they have to be embellished ballerina style!

I had picked these flips at the Old navy $1.00 sale and already had the rest of my supplies. I started with pink tulle, cooridinating ribbon,and white elastic string.









First I cut 6 strips of tulle (mine were about 1 inch by 4 inch), pinch the middle and tie with string. I made a quick bow with ribbon and tied to tulle. Then I glued to the flip flop with E 6000 and finally added a ballet shoe shaped button (can be found at Joanne's).











Here's the dollar flips and the dollar dance leotard! Her first class is today, I hope she'll participate. If not oh well! Ha Ha

UPDATE : She looooves the class and just adores the teacher! And just for the record I would NEVER make my kids participate in an activity they didn't want to do :) Thanks!

xoxo








Lina


























































HOG










Photobucket













The Girl Creative
Todays Creative Blog
Momspiration Mondays @ Moms By Heart
Tip Junkie handmade projects


Summer Camp Ideas @ Design Dazzle

19 Comments:

At June 14, 2011 at 12:29 PM , Blogger Modern Day Crafts said...

You have such creative ideas!! I love this, it is so cute and looks so simple!!

 
At June 14, 2011 at 7:36 PM , Blogger Phyllis said...

The little flip flops are ever so girly and cute! Your precious little one looks like an angel wearing them.....and one can tell she is so proud of her mom for making them just for her!! These are the little memories that make up childhood and a loving mother!

 
At June 15, 2011 at 7:15 AM , Blogger Jan@southernjunkin' said...

Hey there, I'm visiting from WUW!! I love flip flops and your idea is adorable! This should make your little ballerina feel so special!
Blessings!!

 
At June 16, 2011 at 7:54 AM , Blogger Chef in Training said...

wow! These are SO CUTE! I love them! perfect for a little girl! I found you through a link party and I absolutely love your blog! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would check out my blog and follow me too! thanks!
-Nikki
http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

 
At June 17, 2011 at 5:19 PM , Blogger Karen The Graphics Fairy said...

These are so cute!! Your little girl looks adorable in them!!

 
At June 17, 2011 at 7:36 PM , Blogger Suzanne said...

So adorable!

 
At June 17, 2011 at 7:54 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Pink Saturday...these are amazingly cute...makes me wish my Sophia was little again like that but HECK...you are NEVER too old for tutu flip flops!

 
At June 17, 2011 at 10:05 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Very sweet! I featured them on my blog tonight.

 
At June 18, 2011 at 5:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do recall those early dance days with my daughter (that was over twenty years ago!!!). She didn't start with ballet, but ended up making that her area of concentration when she got a little older. I know she would have loved a sweet pair of flip flops like the ones you created!!! Guess I could do that for my sweet 5 year old grand girl!! Thanks for the great tutorial...and your daughter looks adorable!!

Happy Pink Saturday!! dana

 
At June 18, 2011 at 7:24 AM , Blogger LV said...

Give her time. If it is something she likes and enjoys, she will do it. If not let it go.

 
At June 18, 2011 at 7:41 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

These ff's are too durn cute! Gonna give them a try. Your wee one is beautiful, hope she has a lot of fun dancing.
Have a beautiful PS weekend.
TTFN ~
Marydon

 
At June 18, 2011 at 7:55 PM , Blogger Tatum said...

So sweet! I've read your blog a few times and love your ideas!

 
At June 21, 2011 at 12:43 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

These flipflops are so pretty. NICE!!!

 
At June 21, 2011 at 3:54 AM , Blogger Sweet Floweret said...

so cute!
would love it if you linked up to my 20 minute tuesday party going on today ;)
www.sweetfloweret.com
Tina

 
At June 21, 2011 at 12:42 PM , Blogger Kath said...

so adorable! and simple. I love it.

kathryn
www.thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com

 
At June 21, 2011 at 1:27 PM , Blogger jess@balancing the dream said...

This is serious cuteness!!!!

 
At June 22, 2011 at 6:03 AM , Blogger Katie said...

These are so cute!

Thank you for linking to Sew Woodsy last week! Keep on linking great projects!

 
At June 23, 2011 at 7:05 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

These are just precious! Thanks for sharing them at For the Kids Fridays! I have featured your post on this week's link party! Stop by and grab an A++ button. LOVE to have you sharing with us again this week. And... starting this Monday, I invite you to come share at Super Mom Mondays!

 
At July 1, 2011 at 8:49 AM , Blogger Wendy@~Chez~La~De~da~ said...

Oooooh how truly delicious:*~:*~:*~Had to follow to see what other dreamy things you can come up with!! My 15 year old will make these for sure!!:*~:*~:*~:*~We will show them off on our fourth of July party and Give you Kudos~ Better grab your button TOO...LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!:*~:*~:*~:*~
~~Wendy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home