<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: DIY "Mud Pie" Inspired Toddler Shirts Including Templates

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

DIY "Mud Pie" Inspired Toddler Shirts Including Templates




It's no secret that I adore dressing my kids in cute boutique style clothes on the cheap. In fact now that I have learned to do embellish clothes with applique it's gotten even worse!! Ha Ha.




Every time I see Mud Pie designer baby clothes I swoon. They are so darn cute. I was inspired by these two outfits to figure out my own version. These retail about $30.00 each from retailers who carry Mud Pie.


I started with a plain tunic style white top I found on clearance at JC Penny for $3.99.



Hobby Lobby had this great ruffle trim on clearance for $.59 a yard! Then I used my left over Wonder Under and fabric scraps. I came up with an anchor template and used that to applique it to the shirt. Click here for my tutorial on Wonder Under. Here is my anchor template I am sharing with you all. Lina's Anchor Template





After I ironed on the anchor, and hand sewed around the edges, I machine sewed on two rows of the ruffles on the top and bottom of the shirt.

Lastly I sewed on a red bow to the top of the anchor.


My little boy needed a shirt too so I made him a red crab and sewed on buttons for the crab's eyes. Here is my template for the crab for you to use as well. Lina's Crab Applique Template



There will be some serious cuteness happening for the 4th of July this weekend!

I love how these turned out!!!


I hope you liked my inexpensive Mud Pie inspired toddler tops! I was able to spend less than $7.00 on mine.


xoxo

Lina

Linking to:

Summer Camp Ideas @ Design Dazzle
Photobucket


Wow Me Wed @ Pokadots On Parade






make it wear it





Somewhat Simple

Transformation Thursday








freckled laundry
border="0" href="http://tatertotsandjello.blogspot.com"
target="_blank">src="http://hadfield.smugmug.com/photos/825895175_xmTVA-O.jpg"
alt="Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap
up party!" />





Tip Junkie handmade projects
homework

17 Comments:

At June 29, 2011 at 10:42 AM , Blogger The Polka Dot Closet said...

OK, who has the cutest kids in the whole world,,,,YOU! That is so cute! When my son was little all they had was ugly boy clothes! I have got to check out that trim at HL!

Carol

 
At June 29, 2011 at 2:32 PM , Blogger Miss Kitty said...

ADORABLE children in equally adorable clothes! So perfect for 4th of July week!

 
At June 29, 2011 at 9:01 PM , Blogger Jessica Stoker said...

These are so cute. Great for summer time. I love the ruffles and the crab is so cute.

Following from acoupleofcraftaddicts.blogspot.com

 
At June 30, 2011 at 9:41 AM , Blogger BluBabesCreate said...

Oh man that is so cute! And the kids are even cuter! Sorry;)

 
At June 30, 2011 at 5:08 PM , Blogger Charity said...

Way too cute, I love this. Wish my girls were small enough to still wear something this cute. Thanks for sharing.

Cha Cha

 
At July 1, 2011 at 8:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely precious - you should be proud! Thanks for sharing such a simple yet sensational idea! xoxo michele

 
At July 1, 2011 at 2:26 PM , Blogger Liz said...

ADORBS!!! Love it. New follower.

 
At July 1, 2011 at 3:26 PM , Blogger Liz said...

I hope you don't mind, I featured this on my blog today! Go by and grab a button!

 
At July 1, 2011 at 3:55 PM , Blogger Liz said...

Sorry, I forgot to leave a link: http://fastdaze.blogspot.com/2011/07/feature-fridaze.html

 
At July 1, 2011 at 8:34 PM , Blogger Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

Your kids look so cute! You did a great job and saved a bundle. Love the ruffle trim.

 
At July 4, 2011 at 3:19 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

WAAAAY TO CUTE FOR WORDS, LOVE THEM!!! going to FB this post. winks-jen

 
At July 5, 2011 at 10:20 AM , Blogger Lizard Rae said...

Such a super cute re-do!

 
At July 5, 2011 at 11:19 AM , Blogger Carolyn said...

Simply adorable. I would love for you to share this project on my Inspiration Board.
http://carolynshomework.blogspot.com/2011/07/inspiration-board-link-party.html

carolyn | homework

 
At July 5, 2011 at 6:33 PM , Blogger Katie said...

Super cute---these scream summer! Thank you for linking to Sew Woodsy last week! We hope you will join us again tomorrow!

 
At July 6, 2011 at 9:34 AM , Blogger jess@balancing the dream said...

adorable!!

 
At July 7, 2011 at 7:39 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Precious! Thanks for linking with air your laundry Friday! xo Jami

 
At July 8, 2011 at 8:43 AM , Blogger Eve @ Not So Artsy said...

These are so cute! I just figured out how to do applique's so I have been looking for fun things to do! So creative

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home