<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: Stamped Clay Ornaments

Monday, December 12, 2011

Stamped Clay Ornaments



Every year I try to find a craft booth to buy a great personalized clay ornament. I think they are such a neat way to remember the holiday.






This year my kids and I made some simple ones for gifts.






I was inspired by this fantastic clay ornament off Pinterest from Pine Feather.








I know there is a ton of clay options out there, but I just used this bucket of Air Dry Clay by Crayola. Making these was super fun..just like playing with Play-Dough!

I rolled some dough out on wax paper and used cookie cutters for the shapes. Then I used a straw for the hole at the top, and regular rubber stamps for personalizing. (I found a set of letters for around $5 with coupon at Joanne's.) Also Michael's had a whole bin of $1 holiday stamps. Notice how I used that snowflake ornament as an imprint!
After they air dried, I spray painted both sides of mine. The last thing I did was add ribbon and a bell to some of them, and raffia to others.


This cute group are for my brother and his new bride. They got married a few months ago so I thought these would be great for their first married Christmas!...Notice their wedding date on one?....Cute!







We made some for the kids' teachers too!

My fav is the angel for Ms. D...cause she is one! :) 18 full day kindergartners by herself!






They are BEYOND excited to give these to their teachers.












This one is on my burlap and white tree :)


So to be very honest this was definitely a messy project (especially with the kids), but so worth it.....We had a blast!






Happy Holidays!






xoxo






Lina

Joining:
Tip Junkie handmade projects
Visit thecsiproject.com



Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special









lollipops

shabby creek cottage


The 36th Avenue






Design Dazzle



















































7 Comments:

At December 12, 2011 at 11:47 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Very Creative Work. Great Job !!!


Nixon
Wedding Themes

 
At December 13, 2011 at 8:27 AM , Blogger The CSI Girl said...

love this idea! I hope you will link up to our Ornament challenge starting wednesday night at midnight. We have a great giveaway and there will be tons of inspiration. Come over everyday for fun tutorials.
Hope to see you there!
www.thecsiproject.com

 
At December 13, 2011 at 9:54 PM , Blogger Crafty Sideup said...

beautiful... goes really well with the burlap and raffia..came here thru the tip me tuesday link party :o)
merry chrsitmas

 
At December 14, 2011 at 9:13 PM , Blogger Creative Raisins said...

Oh my gosh I love these, such a good job.

 
At December 16, 2011 at 9:23 AM , Blogger GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

These are beautiful! Great tutorial too. I would love to make some of these and will bookmark for after the holidays! Thank you for sharing!

Kindly, Lorraine

 
At December 16, 2011 at 7:20 PM , Blogger Finding Home said...

What a great project! Thanks for sharing!

 
At December 18, 2011 at 9:32 AM , Blogger Lindsi B said...

These rock!!! Love them! Pinned them too. Would you please share this with my readers for Fun Stuff Fridays? http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2011/12/fun-stuff-fridays-4-3-weeks-long-for.html

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home