<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: Cinnamon Sugar Oatmeal Stuffed Apples

Monday, October 8, 2012

Cinnamon Sugar Oatmeal Stuffed Apples

If you are looking for a yummy treat to get you in the mood for fall and one that will make your house smell glorious this is it! Plus this is on the healthy side...so bonus!
Last week I saw this idea on a cooking show but didn't catch the recipe however I  knew it went something like this.

I had a bag of Fuji apples and all the simple ingredients to make already.

 Here's how I made my version:
Cinnamon Sugar Oatmeal Stuffed Apples
Ingredients:
 4 Apples
1/2 cup oats (I used quick oats)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup coconut oil
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon clove
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
drizzle of honey

 First cut out the apple cores, I used a melon baller. Leave a little of the bottom.
 Mix together the oats, sugar, oil, cinnamon, and clove.
 Stuff your apples and put a 1/4 cup of water in the pan.

Bake at 375 for 20 min. I covered my pan with foil for the first 10 min.

Top with Greek yogurt and honey,

 This taste tester gave it a big thumbs up!
Enjoy!
We loved this as dessert but it would make a fabulous breakfast or snack :)




Tuesday Talent Show @ Chef in Training

The Chicken Chick


href="http://snaptheconference.com/blog" title="SNAP!">





Create & Inspire Linky Party

fall link party




8 Comments:

At October 8, 2012 at 10:21 AM , Blogger Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Oh, seriously yummy! Thank you for sharing and thank you for the visit and sweet comment at The Dedicated House. It means the world. Would love it if you would share this lovely post at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/10/make-it-pretty-monday-week-18.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

 
At October 8, 2012 at 8:13 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

delicious! I've been wanting to try something like this - thanks for sharing

 
At October 9, 2012 at 5:30 PM , Blogger FABBY'S LIVING said...

I love stuffed apples like these! I know my little grandgirls will love them too. Thank you for the recipe. Happy WUW. Big hugs,
FABBY

 
At October 10, 2012 at 12:51 PM , Blogger Pieced Pastimes said...

This sounds so delicious! I have pinned it and look forward to making some for the family. Thanks for sharing!

 
At October 10, 2012 at 1:59 PM , Blogger Winnie said...

These look sooooooooooo good
Really scrumptious

 
At October 14, 2012 at 8:56 AM , Blogger Kathy Shea Mormino, The Chicken Chick said...

These look absolutely delicious! Thanks for sharing your recipe (and foodie review by the cutie-pie!) with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week!

I hope you will join us again in the coming week!

Cheers,
Kathy Shea Mormino
The Chicken Chick

 
At October 16, 2012 at 9:54 AM , Blogger Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Oh, my I must make these. They have everything I love in them. Thanks for sharing at wow and they will be featured tonight.

 
At October 16, 2012 at 4:15 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, these look yummy. funny that I just put apple crisp with oats and cinnamon and honey on top in the oven. sat down and saw someone tweet about this (from pinterest)
clicked all thru and got here.

So, I have to tell you that your pictures are absolutely gorgeous! I am so jealous.

Seriously, they are gorgeous and amazing! I wish I could take food picks like that!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home