<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: Shabby Chic Glam Room Reveal

Monday, February 7, 2011

Shabby Chic Glam Room Reveal

It's Done! My 2 year old's Big Girl Room is done!!




Here it is......




I walk by this room and it makes me smile. :)







Part of the reason I wanted to start this blog was to prove you don't have to spend a fortune to make your home amazing.

This room is collection of Goodwill finds, Craigslist, Ross, HomeGoods, Target, and things I already had from her nursery. Plus maybe a splurge on that beautiful tea cup vintage chandelier! Read about that here. Everything including the furniture was around $500. Not too bad, right?

That fuzzy pink phone was a Goodwill bargain at $4.00! She calls people all the time from there, and we don't even have a land line!
The vinyl on the wall is from an etsy store found here. Installing it wasn't as easy as we thought. My hubby is great at measuring so he did this project for me!!



























This beautiful antique bed was my first real antique purchase from my fav store Not Too Shabby, also where that tea cup chandelier was purchased. The bed has a beautiful mural on both the front and back.

Wondering about the cute ruffle bedding? $29.00 from HomeGoods!!
The toile chase chair is the cutest place for her to read books! Found that at a local used furniture store.

Finally, people used to say Lily looked just like a cupie doll when she was a baby. I had no idea what one was until my fav Mother In Law gave her one as a gift! And she actually did resemble one. So here is a cute way to display her cupie!

















I hope you enjoyed :)

xoxo
Lina


I am linked up to Wow Us Wednesday, Frugal Friday,

14 Comments:

At February 8, 2011 at 9:36 AM , Blogger Twins Crew said...

I love it, no girls for me though :(

 
At February 8, 2011 at 9:45 AM , Blogger Jessie Emeric said...

just too cute. i'm now inspired to finish putting together my 2 yr old girl's room! xoxo

 
At February 8, 2011 at 11:10 AM , Blogger The Polka Dot Closet said...

That room is the cutest thing ever and the chandelier is best! What a cute creative room, I am your newest follower, I don't want to miss another post!! I think $100 for that chandelier is really reasonable and a good find!

Carol

 
At February 9, 2011 at 4:07 AM , Blogger Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

OMG, what a cute cute room. Love that bed. I know your little girl must love her big girl room. Thanks for sharing this at my party.

 
At February 9, 2011 at 7:36 AM , Blogger Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Darling! Love her sweet room!! New follower- Stopping by from Kims party- nice to meet you!

 
At February 9, 2011 at 10:41 AM , Blogger Michele Smith said...

Visiting from Kim's party.
LOVEEEE your daughter's big girl room! My daughter is 2 also and she has a pink shabby like room. I don't have pictures up on my blog yet though and we haven't made that transition to big girl bed yet (I am too scared cause she is soooo destructive LOL)
I look forward to catching up around your blog!
Michele

 
At March 5, 2011 at 6:19 AM , Blogger Liane Radford said...

I just found you from Tatertots and Jello. What a fantastic, dreamy big girl's room. I MUST spend more time at Goodwill! Thanks for the inspiration.

 
At March 5, 2011 at 7:29 PM , Blogger Stacey said...

Wowsers! I am impressed as well as jealous! So adorable! I am your newest follower - nice to be here!
Stacey of Embracing Change

 
At March 8, 2011 at 12:58 PM , Blogger trish said...

Oh what a darling room. :o)
I absolutely adore your tea cup lights. :o)
Sincerely, Trish

 
At March 15, 2011 at 5:19 PM , Blogger DIYbyDesign said...

You really did an amazing job. I could look at this room all day. I love each and every thing you have done. Thanks so much for linking it up to my Swing into Spring party.

 
At March 23, 2011 at 4:08 PM , Blogger emilysnan said...

hiya what a really sweet room x no wonder you smile when you go by x i love love love the chandelier it is faaaaabbbbulous
tfs
xmaggiex

 
At April 14, 2011 at 10:38 PM , Blogger Nita Stacy said...

Super darling room! Love the pink and yellow and the damask stencil used on the wall...and of course the pink toile chair!

 
At April 15, 2011 at 5:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such a sweet little room. Perfect for any doll. ;0)

 
At August 14, 2011 at 5:17 PM , Blogger Jenny @ Simcoe Street said...

Wow, I adore this room -- sooo beautiful! I just posted about my little guy's room, but if I had a girl, I'd hope the room looked like this...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home