<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: My Pantry Organized (Before & After)

Sunday, June 24, 2012

My Pantry Organized (Before & After)


Last weekend I spent time organizing our kitchen pantry. It was way overdue and needed some serious help! See?!
I started out by collecting rectangular baskets from Goodwill along with glass containers and air tight jars. I didn't pay more than $1-2 per piece. This is my most important money saving tip! Canisters and containers can be very pricey. I found some pretty contact paper from TJ Maxx and a roll of chalkboard adhesive vinyl ($5 w/coupon) from Hobby Lobby. I cut my own labels.
These supplies along with canisters I already had helped me achieve some great results! 


I also invested in some lazy susans from Bed Bath & Beyond. Using coupons I think I paid around $20 for both. (I stalked my GW for some with no luck, I'm sure the'll be there next time now that I bought new ones though!) Ha.

All my kid snacks are together in baskets.


The bottom shelves have all the paper plates, silverware, & cups together and a basket neatly holds all my reusable bags. It's amazing how much space you can save by taking food out of the boxes...

I used some left over contact paper and chalkboard vinyl to line the inside of the door and create a cute message center. If you look close you can see where we've measured the kids in pencil :) I couldn't erase that!
I think that paper might be a little busy but oh well if I get sick of it it's easy to change. :) Plus we are renting so painting isn't an option. I see all these great painted pantries and love that look.
Thanks for visiting my pantry! So what do you think? Can we keep it this way? My husband is impressed but still asks when we are doing our closet...ugh..Just doesn't sound as fun!


Follow along and never miss a post!!

A Mommy’s Blog Design Free Pinterest Social Media IconFacebookRSS FeedEmailTwitter

Joining these amazing parties:


Momspiration Mondays @ Moms By Heart


Tip Junkie handmade projects























The 36th AVENUE







Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage

SNAP!

Fancy That Fridays @ Truely Lovely


TDC Before and After

27 Comments:

At June 24, 2012 at 4:46 PM , Blogger Christine said...

I am impressed! You did a phenomenal job!

 
At June 24, 2012 at 5:10 PM , Blogger Jessie Emeric said...

Awesome! Thanks for the tips! We just moved and I must organize the new pantry

 
At June 24, 2012 at 7:12 PM , Blogger Jeanette said...

You've inspired me. I really have to get mine organized. I love the paper too. I've been thinking about painting the back walls of mine in grey. Thanks for the inspiration!

 
At June 25, 2012 at 5:38 AM , Blogger ByBy said...

I simply love it! Great job!

 
At June 25, 2012 at 6:29 AM , Blogger ScrappyRae10 said...

fabulous job!!!!

 
At June 25, 2012 at 2:02 PM , Blogger BottledBeauty said...

Oh, I love this! Great Job. I'm going to start collecting bins and baskets now.

 
At June 25, 2012 at 5:03 PM , Blogger Breezy Brie said...

This looks fabulous! I love the contact paper and the chalkboard label :)

Brie @ Breezy Pink Daisies

 
At June 26, 2012 at 3:29 AM , Blogger LesterLV said...

Looks great! I need to do the same!

 
At June 26, 2012 at 3:58 AM , Blogger melissa said...

Your organizing skills and ability to create something out of nothing is amazing. I just found you off of Frugal Girls and super impressed. LOVE the craft closet. Let us know when you get to your closet. I had a toddler bed with a mattress stored in mine since January and just now got around to selling it!

 
At June 26, 2012 at 7:04 PM , Blogger Lina - Fancy Frugal Life said...

Thanks! That's a really nice comment :)
Lina

 
At June 26, 2012 at 7:45 PM , Blogger Cynthia said...

Great pantry redo. I love the chalkboards!! I think they are great. Saw you at WUW.

Cynthia

 
At June 28, 2012 at 7:56 AM , Blogger allisamazing said...

Your pantry looks fabulous! You are motivating me to go organize mine :)

 
At June 29, 2012 at 8:18 AM , Blogger Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Wow, I bet you just smile when you go to your pantry now. Thanks for linking up.

 
At June 29, 2012 at 10:17 AM , Blogger  Angela said...

Wow!! Love this!! Found you at truly lovely:)

 
At June 29, 2012 at 1:29 PM , Blogger Laurie @ Laurie's Little Bits of Creativity, etc. said...

What a transformation. I always see little baskets at garage sales and our Salvation Army and pass them up. No more! Next time I'm going to snatch 'em up. I'm visiting from Truly Lovely.
http://www.laurieslittlebitsofcreativity.com/

 
At June 30, 2012 at 9:43 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hello Friend- You are in today's Saturday spotlight Talent Show. Hugs, jen-COM

 
At July 1, 2012 at 5:17 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Great job... now, do tell, where did you stash the vodka that was in the before photo? : )

 
At July 1, 2012 at 8:13 AM , Blogger Andrea said...

What a great job! I love the idea of chalboard adhesive and making your own labels. I too have been wanting to reorganize my pantry but the canisters are always so expensive that I just keep putting it off. I need to check out our closest GW and see what I can find! Thanks for sharing. I found your blog through Tatortots & Jello and excited to read more of your posts!

 
At July 3, 2012 at 10:26 AM , Blogger Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At July 3, 2012 at 10:26 AM , Blogger Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At July 3, 2012 at 10:27 AM , Blogger Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Your pantry makeover is amazing...so very organized!

 
At July 3, 2012 at 10:20 PM , Blogger Kayli@Truly Lovely said...

Sooo cute. You've been featured here: http://www.trulylovelyblog.net/2012/07/fancy-this-features-82/

Hope you're having a wonderful week and thanks for linking up!

Kayli

 
At July 6, 2012 at 7:25 PM , Blogger Lindsey Ralls said...

Love the contact paper! So cute.

 
At July 8, 2012 at 6:40 PM , Blogger Michelle~Sugar House Creations said...

Beautiful! My dad built us wood pantry shelves and I've been dreading painting them. This is an awesome option, plus it's an open pantry because of its weird size and we can't find doors to fit so this is a great option to pretty up this space so I can take down the curtain rod and white sheet that is currently up in front of it. :) Thank you for sharing!

 
At August 5, 2012 at 9:42 PM , Blogger Bean said...

If you are gonna use busy paper, the pantry is the place to do it!

 
At September 17, 2012 at 6:30 PM , Blogger lovingmomma @ Happy As A Lark said...

Looks so great. I love it that you don't let renting keep you from doing something beautiful :) Pinning this!!

 
At November 29, 2012 at 6:34 AM , Blogger Diary of a Brown Eyed Girl said...

I am totally doing this in our new home!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home