<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: Elmo Birthday Party

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Elmo Birthday Party

I just love a good at home birthday party! Today I started to think about my daughter's 3rd birthday. I can't believe she will be 3! Yikes! Where does the time go?! She has very clearly said she wants a Dora party over and over :)



Its kind of tough to make a character theme party cute. I dislike the party store's generic supplies. Plus they are expensive! I have to admit I did go that route for my son's recent Transformer's party. He wanted to do a bowling party and it's hard to make those guys cute!



Here are a few details from last year's Elmo party for my little girl.









I hot glued feathers to the Elmo hats to add a little glam.



Those invites were dollar store blank cards with ribbon and a paper flower from Michael's glued on.



For the banner I cut out two sizes of circles and glued on letters to decorative scrapbook paper. Punch a hole and tie with matching ribbon.



Those tissue paper poms are great for birthdays! Here is a great tutorial for them here

I put them over the kid table we rented. By the way the kid table was only $25 and well worth it!



I bought the Elmo party tags on http://www.etsy.com/ and tied them to the favor bags. The pillow dress was from etsy also.



The sign is a canvass found on clearance from Michael's. I glued scrapbook paper, ribbon, and feather boa to it, along with the birthday girl's picture!






Finally, my father sent an Elmo to surprise the party! It was a little scary for some, but my daughter eventually warmed up at the end :)



xoxo



Lina
I am linked up to Crazy Domestic

4 Comments:

At February 17, 2011 at 12:19 PM , Blogger Michele Smith said...

Really cute partY! I love how you added your own bling to the party hats and I too love a good at home birthday party!

Michele

 
At February 17, 2011 at 12:59 PM , Blogger Lina - Fancy Frugal Life said...

Thanks Michele! Elmo can be glam :) ha

 
At February 20, 2011 at 12:44 PM , Blogger DIY Party Mom said...

So cute. I love how you took some regular items and personalized them to make them your own theme.

 
At February 25, 2012 at 8:36 PM , Blogger danna said...

Hello Lina! I'm wondering if you can tell me where you purchased the Elmo hats. I'm wanting to fuss them up also. My sweet girl turns 2- and she is crazy for Elmo.... But. Momma has to cutesy it up a bit, ya know? :)
Danna

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home