<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: Entire Surfer Room

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Entire Surfer Room




Here are more pics of my son's room. I put most of it together 3 years ago before I had a blog. We decided to go with the bunk beds because his room is also our "guest room", and it really has been a great purchase. We keep the ladder down so he doesn't go on the top (at least when I am looking.) Both the bedding and bed are from Baby USA (not so frugal, but they have lasted 3 moves in 3 years!)





































This table was my very first DIY project. I couldn't find any stylish affordable kid furniture so I came up with this table. It started out from a thrift store in white and pink stripes. I painted it and used these vinyl decals from target, and then painted a clear coat over. It's been such a fun space for him!


I recently made these raffia window valances by tying two layers of raffia skirting (ordered from Amazon) to plain metal valances. I did this for both windows. One of my fav things in the room is the wood ore above the window :)





















I've been collecting accessories from Goodwill, Ross, and Marshall's over the years.




















I love how the toy box remodel came out. You can see the before here











I am pretty much obsessed with creative and stylish kid rooms! This one has been such a joy to put together for my son. I hope he lets me create his rooms for as long as possible :)

















Thanks for stopping by!






























xoxo













Lina

Linking to:












Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special


Photobucket












All Things Heart and Home


Blue Cricket Design-Show and Tell

'”



Transformation Thursday





HookingupwithHoH

The Shabby Nest















Chic on a Shoestring Decorating
Photobucket











Nothing But Country


















Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special



























Beneath the Rowan Tree




























































18 Comments:

At May 24, 2011 at 8:01 PM , Blogger Meg said...

I love the room! You would automatically assume the walls would be a blue color and I love even more that it is a green. Very Hawaiian of you. :)

 
At May 24, 2011 at 9:41 PM , Blogger Laura @ House Of Joyful Noise said...

WOW WOW WOW!! Gosh, I sure wish you could come help me!! I have a HUGE room to finish from scratch, for my boys, 2 of triplets. Their triplet sister just got her own room, but there's is still just sheet rock so far. Working to finish it, and then the design-brainstorming! I bet you would love that, huh? :)

Well I would LOVE it if you came and linked up as many creative projects you would like to, at my Our House Of Joyful Noise link-up party, every Tuesday!! : ) (Open for several days after too.) You might get featured!
http://ourhouseofjoyfulnoise.com/crafts/2011/05/24/our-house-of-joyful-noise-link-up-party-6-featured-links-from-last-week/

 
At May 25, 2011 at 4:56 AM , Blogger Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said...

What a fabulous room. I especially like your window treatment! It's so neat and tidy too. My daughter's room depresses me! It is always in such a terrible mess.

 
At May 25, 2011 at 6:15 AM , Blogger Katie said...

LOVE this room! If I had a child this is exactly how I would make their room! I'd love if you linked up to Sew Woodsy.

 
At May 25, 2011 at 1:23 PM , Blogger Shan said...

Way cute surfer room! I love beach decor! Found you via Our House Of Joyful Noise. :)

 
At May 26, 2011 at 8:20 PM , Blogger Chad and Mary Beth @ Nothing But Country said...

LOVE the surfer room. My son would totally dig this. Love all the details you put into the room. Makes me wanna go give a facelift to my kids room asap. Thanks for the inspiration.

Would love if you linked up with us too at http://www.nothingbutcountry.com

 
At May 26, 2011 at 10:47 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This is so great. I love the framed hat.

 
At May 26, 2011 at 11:18 PM , Blogger Robin Johnson said...

What a great room. So may detail to admire. You've done a fantastic job.

 
At May 27, 2011 at 8:36 AM , Blogger Kara @ June & Bear said...

So many sweet details. Looks great.

 
At May 27, 2011 at 8:40 PM , Blogger Lizzy said...

Neat room! Love all the beachy/surfer decor! LOVE LOVE LOVE the guitar/Uke lamp! Where did you find that???

 
At May 27, 2011 at 8:59 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

SUPER cute! I really love everything you chose. The table is adorable and love the bedding too.

 
At May 28, 2011 at 7:12 PM , Blogger At The Picket Fence said...

Hi there! What an absolutely adorable room! Every detail is so charming and full of character. I especially liked the little straw hat on the frame! So clever! :-) Thank you so much for coming over this week and linking up to our Inspiration Friday party!
Vanessa

 
At May 29, 2011 at 6:32 PM , Blogger aggieam01 said...

WOW! What an amazingly perfect room. That color scheme is divine! Great job!

 
At May 31, 2011 at 9:00 AM , Blogger merilee said...

You are amazing at finding all these fantastic deals!!! Good job!

 
At June 1, 2011 at 6:02 AM , Blogger Denise said...

I saw you on Creative Bloggers Party. I'm your newest public follower. I love how this project turned out. I am so impressed with all the talent I found in this party. I would appreciate you following back http://talesfrommyjournal.blogspot.com I would also appreciate if you would like me in facebook http://www.facebook.com/DeniseMartin.LillaRose and in twitter @DeniseLillaRose. I always follow back. Just leave me a note so I know you stopped by.

 
At June 1, 2011 at 11:17 AM , Blogger Nicole@Thrifty Decorating said...

I'm featuring your project this week at Thrifty Thursday! So cute!!

 
At June 1, 2011 at 8:28 PM , Blogger www.apronsandapples@blogspot.com said...

Love it! I am just about to do my sons rooma surf theme so thanks! Kristy Come visit me at www.apronsandapples.blogspot.com

 
At June 11, 2011 at 10:26 PM , Blogger Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

This is such a darling room~ love all the beachy accents~ the oar is darling. and the valance you put up is just perfect- thanks for sharing at FNF this week!:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home