<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: Halloween Fabric Owl Wreath

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Halloween Fabric Owl Wreath


Knock, knock? Who's there? A cute little easy fabric owl wreath!
This past weekend I had the chance to create a festive wreath for our front door.

I had some left over orange fabric from the Halloween pillowcase dress last year.

So I took my fabric and cut it in 3 inch strips, and wrapped it tightly around a foam wreath form and pinned it from the back. It was easy! The chalkboard owl I found at Target by the dollar bins for $2.50. I thought he was cute! The bow is from Michael's.


I thought the wreath was a little plain so I cut smaller 1.5 inch strips of fabric and folded them in half and just made a straight stitch down the middle just by hand with a needle and thread. It actually goes pretty fast. Then just pin your ruffles to the wreath. I think there's about three separate ruffle pieces, but once your pin it down you really can't tell.



I think the ruffle added some nice interest,,,don't you?


Here it is on our front door :)
What do you think? I'm not sure if I'm even going to decorate inside for Halloween this year since I'm so sick of moving boxes and just unpacked :)
Joining:









SNAP!
shabby creek cottage
The 36th AVENUE



Create & Inspire Linky Party

Visit thecsiproject.com

16 Comments:

At September 18, 2012 at 11:32 AM , Blogger Migdalia said...

Soooo Cute!Love it!TFS

 
At September 18, 2012 at 1:44 PM , Blogger the Sweetest Memory said...

Super cute and creative! Love the ruffle!

 
At September 18, 2012 at 2:24 PM , Blogger Pitter and Glink said...

Too cute! I love the owl!

 
At September 19, 2012 at 2:20 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love this! I want to do some sort of owl Halloween wreath this year, but I guarantee this is cuter than anything I could come up with.

 
At September 20, 2012 at 5:41 AM , Blogger Love Bakes Good Cakes said...

So cute! I would love for you to share this post and any other Fall related post you have, at this week's It's Fall Y'all ~ Linky Party. Hope to see you there!

 
At September 20, 2012 at 6:13 AM , Blogger Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper said...

This is ADORABLE!!! Love it. I hope you'll add it to my Wickedly Creative Halloween Ideas Party if you haven't already.

http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2012/09/2012-wickedly-creative-halloween-ideas.html

 
At September 20, 2012 at 7:35 AM , Blogger Julia Kendrick said...

This wreath is SO adorable!! I love Owls! Thanks for sharing! Your newest follower from threekendrickblessings.blogspot.com

 
At September 20, 2012 at 9:41 AM , Blogger the cape on the corner said...

who's there, now how cute is THAT?! love it!

 
At September 21, 2012 at 5:23 PM , Blogger Cassidy said...

How fun! I love the chalkboard owl.

 
At September 21, 2012 at 5:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this wreath! The owl in the middle is awesome!

T'onna @ www.navywifeypeters.blogspot.com

 
At September 22, 2012 at 2:17 AM , Blogger Lynn said...

It really turned out cute, love the owl! The dress is sweet too:@)

 
At September 22, 2012 at 4:39 AM , Blogger Coley said...

Popped over from TT&J. That is adorable. Love the owl!

 
At September 22, 2012 at 7:59 PM , Blogger Bellenza Wedding Bistro said...

Would make a fun welcome sign for a Halloween-themed bridal shower, too!

 
At September 24, 2012 at 6:18 PM , Blogger Christy said...

I'm not big on "Halloween" decor. But this is so cute. And it looks halloweenish, but doesn't scream it. That's great to me. I am a co-host to a three blog link party called Tip-toe thru Tuesday. I would love to you share this with us tomorrow. The party starts at 6. I hope to see you there. Christy
http://christyscuties.blogspot.com/

 
At October 4, 2012 at 8:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just popping over after seeing your wreath on CSI -- what a cute wreath! I love owls so you sold me there ;) I didn't see those at my Target but boy do I love the bargain bins for fun finds like this!! Thanks for sharing!!

 
At October 23, 2012 at 9:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super cute! You should enter your photos from this project into Craftbaby's Halloween Decor Challenge! :) http://www.craftbaby.com/contests/32/halloween-decor

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home