<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: Kid Closet Organization

Monday, September 17, 2012

Kid Closet Organization


Good Morning! Today I'm showing off my daughter's now organized closet. We just moved a few weeks ago and I've been really sorting through our "stuff" and figuring out what to give away or sell.
Sometimes all the kid clothes can be overwhelming to organize because they grow out of them so fast.
This is the cleanest her closet has ever been! So I better document it...
In a perfect world we would all have fold out doors and built in organizers in every closet, right? 
Well we haven't had that happen yet. We always get this basic closet.

My number one tip for scoring free hangers is ask the staff at Carter's kids clothing store nicely and most of the time they will give you hangers. They have the good outfit and skirt/pant hangers...


Three years ago while living in Las Vegas, I came across this at one of those seasonal consignment sales. I used to be very into those and would even volunteer so I could get the coveted pre-sale pass!
It usually paid off ...for instance I scored this wood hanging organizer for $20.

It's actually very heavy, and looks handmade and hand painted. The rod comes out both sides and screws in. I bet some of you might be able to DIY something similar?

Don't you think Target should sell something similar?

Here it is with much smaller clothes....with a much smaller girl three years ago :)

It basically doubles your hanging space and organizes tiny shoes!

So this is a totally normal amount of clothes, right? :)
No judging! lol

Almost all of these are from thrift stores and kid consignment stores. 
If you've been reading or follow me on Facebook, you might have seen examples of my great kid clothing finds.
For instance, here's a NEW Missoni Target dress I purchased at Goodwill for $6 with a coupon. I can't wait for her to wear it this fall!

My strategy for new kid clothes is to score extreme savings on better brands like GAP, Janie & Jack, & Gymboree. This can be accomplished through end of season clearance sales and buying the next few sizes bigger to plan ahead for future seasons. I get all the Gap Kids email alerts when they run an extra 40% off already reduced clothing. Also see if your store has a fan page on Facebook because my old store used to have their own great clearance sales.
These brands have better resale value so sometimes you can break even when you resale depending on how hard your kids are on clothes...

The other side of the closet I've used to hang sweaters and misc costumes, dress up, The floor I've used for toy storage. 


By making sure you utilize all the floor space of a basic sized closet you can really fit a ton of stuff in an organized manner.
And now a photo montage of a Goodwill dress she happened to be rockin!


Thanks for touring my kid closet! Happy organizing :)





Joining:

Skip To My Lou
”Tip
Reasons To Skip The Housework

shabby creek cottage
The 36th AVENUE
Create & Inspire Linky Party

5 Comments:

At September 17, 2012 at 12:50 PM , Blogger hydrangeaplace said...

Okay, first of all, your kids are adorable and your house is beautiful. Gotta love a girl with a cool shoe collection. I wish they made cute shoes like that in grown-up-girl sizes. Really enjoying your blog! Can't wait to see more of your new house.

 
At September 18, 2012 at 3:06 PM , Blogger Erin said...

Hmmmm...I need to keep an eye out for something similar to your hanging organizer. It reminds me of a quilt rack my mom has. We have teeny tine closets in our house, so every little trick helps!

 
At September 20, 2012 at 5:25 PM , Blogger KC Coake said...

I love those hangers, too! I saved and used mine for years. They work so well! The closet looks well organized.

 
At September 23, 2012 at 3:26 PM , Blogger Vicky @ Mess For Less said...

I love how much you have managed to get into her closet. Can I just say this kid has some rocking shoes. love it! Sharing on facebook.

 
At September 24, 2012 at 6:29 PM , Blogger Christy said...

That's a great organized closet. I love the clothes and those shoes are the best! I am at your site, again. So I must follow. Your newest follower. :) I would love if you linked this up as well to the Tip-toe thru Tuesday party if you get a chance. Hope to see you there!
http://christyscuties.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home