<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: DIY Dollar Store Chalkboard Candles (Thrifty Upcycle)

Friday, October 28, 2011

DIY Dollar Store Chalkboard Candles (Thrifty Upcycle)









Would you believe me if I told you these l-o-v-e candles and vase are from my local dollar store?! Well they are and guess what? We used these on one of the tables of my little brother's fall outdoor wedding.


If you've been reading along you might be realizing my latest addiction....It automatically makes things look expensive...like MAGIC! Oh and not to mention A-dorable, chic. unique, and just awesome in general!!!




Chalkboard spray paint...It turns anything into a chalkboard! Sweet. I found mine at Michael's craft store for around $5 with a coupon (of course!) from Michaels.com.



Let me show you how I made these cute candles. First, I picked these tall glass candles up from the dollar store and soaked them in hot soapy water until the labels were easy to peel off.





After they were clean and dry, I used masking tape to create a rectangle on the candle. Nope, I didn't measure....you can though :)

Next, just spray two coats of chalkboard paint and let dry 24 hours. That's it!



After peeling off the tape you get amazing results!


And people will think you are uber crafty...(even if you aren't!). It's our little secret... :)

This same can has gone pretty far...all of these past projects were completed with it!







See....this small investment can go pretty far...and the possibilities are ENDLESS!
Hope you can find a way to use some of these fun chalkboard spray paint ideas!

xoxo
Lina

Love it?
Pin It











Partying over here:

Visit thecsiproject.com







Get more buttons here.








Funky Faith Girl

Photobucket

































































































































































13 Comments:

At October 28, 2011 at 9:40 AM , Blogger Anita said...

How fun! I might just have to try this soon!

 
At October 28, 2011 at 10:00 AM , Blogger Renee-The Hungry Monster said...

Oh I love chalkboard paint!! Great project ;)

 
At October 28, 2011 at 5:10 PM , Blogger Nicole@Thrifty Decorating said...

Hey....I used the Jesus candles, too! LOL They're so inexpensive! :)

 
At October 28, 2011 at 8:47 PM , Blogger Amanda @ The Little Giggler said...

Great idea! They turned out so cute!

 
At October 29, 2011 at 7:37 AM , Blogger Spittin-Toad said...

Too cute I'm pinning them to pinterest! :0 By the way I LOVE chalkboards too! I spray painted the side of my old ugly metal file cabinet in the office with Chalkboard paint...now it's my favorite piece!!
Denise

 
At October 29, 2011 at 3:25 PM , Blogger Natasha in Oz said...

They look fabulous! Don't you love chalkboard paint!

Best wishes,
Natasha @ 5 Minutes Just for Me

 
At October 29, 2011 at 7:52 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love chalkboard paint too!! I'm about to spray my daughter's Halloween bucket tomorrow doing the same thing.

 
At October 30, 2011 at 8:22 AM , Blogger Sommer said...

I'm in love with chalkboard paint. I have cans and cans of the stuff lol. My husbands asked me at one point, are you going to chalkify everything we own? Ha! I would be delighted to have you stop by and link this up to my VIP party this weekend! http://designergarden.blogspot.com/2011/10/vip-party-34.html Have a safe and happy halloween!

 
At November 1, 2011 at 5:02 AM , Blogger Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Gotta love chalkboard paint! Looks great! Now you got me thinking what I have laying around the house that I can turn into a chalkboard. Have a grand day! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

 
At November 1, 2011 at 7:25 PM , Blogger The Polka Dot Closet said...

I had to click over from WOW because my son is having a vintage wedding next year and these caught my eye! Great idea, I'm going to book mark!

Carol

 
At November 3, 2011 at 7:24 PM , Blogger Inspired By June said...

Great ideas, Lina! So many inspiring possibilities!

 
At November 8, 2011 at 12:01 AM , Blogger Jennifer said...

Those are amazing candles!! Love all your chalkboard projects!!
Thanks for sharing at Show & Share!

 
At November 8, 2011 at 2:12 AM , Blogger Emreen said...

Wow ! Love your projects... The last one is beautiful !!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home