This Page

has moved to a new address:


Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: Fancy Frugal Wedding Centerpieces & Sign

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Fancy Frugal Wedding Centerpieces & Sign

T-25 days until my little brother's wedding day! I've been happily working on a few wedding projects that I wanted to share. Here is the centerpiece idea we came up with for around $10 a table.

I found this place mat for $.50 at Goodwill and cut the sticks up and hot glued to a cream candle. I might try to find some bark for a similar look.

These craft pumpkins are just $3.99 at Michael's right now. The cream ones are wedding-ish right?! Love em!

I was inspired by this blog post from A Pumpkin and a Princess, and cut out a circle for a tea light. Simple and so fall! You bet I'll be doing these for my house too!

A glass jar with a floating candle....You can find lots of mason jars at thrift stores for around $1.00.

Fall...rustic....cheap and simple...perfect for a rustic outdoor wedding!

The bride showed me a pic of a little boy holding a sign that says "Here comes the bride", and I recreated it for the wedding. My son will be holding the ring pillow and the bride's three year old nephew will be holding this sign!

I started with a light weight tray from Goodwill for $2.00. Remember these? My parents still have these bamboo trays...

I spray painted it Oregano by Rustoleum and then painted the letters white.

Here's a photo montage of some of my completed projects! I'm pretty much in love with this wedding!

That's it for now!



Love it?
Pin It

Come check out these great parties:

Tip Junkie handmade projects
Confessions of a SAHM

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

Fall Nesting Party @ The Inspired Room

36th Avenue



At September 20, 2011 at 8:37 PM , Blogger Chance @ Designed by Chance said...

I love weddings. All the crafts you have made for this wedding look amazing. How fun you get to help with the wedding.

At September 20, 2011 at 10:10 PM , Blogger Kelsey said...

I love the vintage/shabby chic feel! Great job so far. I can't wait to see it all come together!

At September 22, 2011 at 9:20 PM , Blogger Cindy said...

You have lots of sweet ideas, they will make for a beautiful and fun wedding.
Hugs, Cindy

At September 23, 2011 at 1:40 PM , Blogger At The Picket Fence said...

Absolutely fabulous ideas! I'm going to go put them on our Facebook page right now! :-)

At September 23, 2011 at 5:21 PM , Blogger Rachel said...

So pretty! Love your ideas!

At September 23, 2011 at 10:06 PM , Blogger Jann Olson said...

Wonderful! The wedding definately will have a feeling of Fall. I have a friend whose daughgter is getting married Oct. 20th. She is doing a Fall theme also. I will have to tell her to check out your sweet ideas. Congrats to the lucky couple!

At September 24, 2011 at 1:30 PM , Blogger Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

This is just lovely!! I think a fall wedding would be SO fun to decorate for and you've certainly proven that with your pretty ideas!

At September 24, 2011 at 2:34 PM , Blogger Tiff said...

What a great centerpiece and fantastic sign!!! I love all those wedding photos and have just become a follower so I can see how it all turns out!!!! X

At September 24, 2011 at 8:23 PM , Blogger The Loops said...

This is amazing. It ended up looking so elegant!


At September 25, 2011 at 12:40 PM , Blogger Debra @ Common Ground said...

I'm crazy about the pumpkins with the votive inside, great idea!!

At September 27, 2011 at 2:24 PM , Blogger Jess@Balancing The Dream said...

wow!! everything is coming together so nicely!! I love the simplicity!! Great job!

At September 29, 2011 at 6:53 AM , Blogger Michelle said...

Cute decorations! I love the THRIFTYness of them. ;) I'd love for you to link up at DIY Thrifty Thursday at http://thrifty101.blogspot.com/2011/09/diy-thrifty-thursday-35.html

Hope to see you soon!

At October 2, 2011 at 9:19 PM , Blogger The Tablescaper said...

Great decos. It would be great to have you link this post to my weekly meme Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home