<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: Embellished Clip Boards (Teacher Gifts)

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Embellished Clip Boards (Teacher Gifts)


Last week I noticed a "wish list" for my daughter's preschool teachers and clip boards were on it. Here's a fun way to embellish these I've seen around blogland.


I picked up a plain clipboard at Michael's for $2.99. After I unscrewed the metal, I used Mod Podge to apply scrapbook paper on the wood part. Then applied a coat on top.









I had this color spray paint on hand and sprayed the metal part.



I glued a piece of ribbon across the bottom and tied some matching ribbon and tulle to the metal clip.



I found this clipboard for $1.00 at Goodwill and they had a bin of these stick on monograms for $1.00.






The vintage french sheet music printable is from the Graphics Fairy.


I glued plain black ribbon on this one.



I hope her teachers LOVE them because I do :)




How perfect are these for Teacher Apreciation Day or actually for anyone who uses a clipboard?
Thanks so much for visiting me...I love all the comment love lately :0



Love it? Pin It



Lina


Linking to these great parties:
Making





Design Dazzle













Tip Junkie handmade projects




Confessions of a Stay At Home Mommy

http://linesacrossmyface.blogspot.com/search/label/the%20Cure%20for%20the%20Common%20Monday






The Graphics Fairy



Photobucket







Visit thecsiproject.com
























































































































































































































































































































































































26 Comments:

At August 21, 2011 at 3:31 PM , Blogger Heidi @ Decor & More said...

These are so precious and personal! Mind if I send your link to my room mom? :)
Heidi @ Show Some Decor

 
At August 21, 2011 at 5:56 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Such a great idea! I just pinned these on Pinterest. I bet your daughter's preschool teacher will absolutely adore them! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

 
At August 22, 2011 at 8:39 AM , Blogger Nicole@Thrifty Decorating said...

Love it....put on my FB page! :)

 
At August 22, 2011 at 10:03 AM , Blogger Karen said...

Such a great idea! I love the idea of painting the metal clip. Fabulous idea!

 
At August 22, 2011 at 3:29 PM , Blogger Tina said...

very fun idea - and wow super cheap...thanks for sharing. Just became your newest follower and would love it if you could do the same for me.

have a great week.
tina
embellishments by tina

 
At August 22, 2011 at 4:01 PM , Blogger Sara said...

Very cute! I'm sure any teacher would appreciate getting those. Thanks for sharing :)

 
At August 22, 2011 at 6:13 PM , Blogger Gypsy Heart said...

These are great! I know other teachers will want one too. :-) You did a really nice job on them.

xo
Pat

 
At August 22, 2011 at 7:11 PM , Blogger The Polka Dot Closet said...

I love it, I did not know you could remove the clip...genius!

Carol

 
At August 22, 2011 at 9:03 PM , Blogger Marie said...

Love it! I've got a new little one starting school this year and this will be perfect! I'm co-hosting a link party and I'd love it if you'd come link up on Wednesday at southernlovely.blogspot.com

See you soon!
Marie
mylilpinkpocket.blogspot.com

 
At August 23, 2011 at 7:50 AM , Blogger Kammy's Korner said...

super duper cute! Love the idea as a teacher gift!!! :)

 
At August 23, 2011 at 5:45 PM , Blogger Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

This is a gift I would LOVE to receive! Thanks for the great tutorial. I think I could make a couple of these as Christmas gifts. Wonderful and creative post!
Yvonne

 
At August 23, 2011 at 7:29 PM , Blogger Grandma Bonnie said...

Great tutorial. I am going to book mark this project. I am going to try this for myself. I will see if I can make my plain one into an apple or chicken print for my kitchen notes.
New follower from the Creative Blogger hop. Hope you stop by for a visit. Have a great week.

 
At August 23, 2011 at 8:22 PM , Blogger Evie said...

What a great idea! Super cute!!

 
At August 23, 2011 at 8:45 PM , Blogger Kylean said...

These are so cute! I am studing to be a teacher and I want to make these for my student teaching! Love them! Thanks for sharing!
Ky
http://burstofcreations.blogspot.com

 
At August 25, 2011 at 8:20 AM , Blogger {Bellamere Cottage} said...

How clever.... I love this idea!

Warm blessings,
Spencer

 
At August 25, 2011 at 6:41 PM , Blogger SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

Really appreciate you linking up this fantastic post at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop. Hope you'll continually share your creativity with us at the weekly party :)

 
At August 26, 2011 at 11:39 AM , Blogger Mel Creates Often said...

So cute and creative! I know this will be one of my featured projects next Friday. Thanks for linking up at Fancy Friday!

 
At August 26, 2011 at 5:07 PM , Blogger Whitney said...

Those turned out just darlin' & I bet the teacher will love them!

 
At August 26, 2011 at 8:36 PM , Blogger April said...

yay...love your blog...i am a YOUR newest follower!
xoxo

 
At August 27, 2011 at 8:24 AM , Blogger Brittany @ My Decoupaged Life said...

What cute clipboards! I'm sure her teacher will love them. I featured them on my Facebook page!

 
At August 29, 2011 at 5:05 PM , Blogger DIYbyDesign said...

I love these clip boards. I will be featuring them at my Sizzle into Summer party tomorrow night. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button. Thanks so much.

 
At August 31, 2011 at 3:10 PM , Blogger Cherished Handmade Treasures said...

These are super cute! New follower from the Fancy Friday hop.

Sandy
Cherished Handmade Treasures

 
At August 31, 2011 at 10:10 PM , Blogger Petie@inspirednesting.com said...

great idea! my daughter has to have a clipboard for 5th grade this year and we've been trying to find a way to pretty it up...now we know! tks for the inspiration :)

 
At March 10, 2012 at 10:05 AM , Blogger Jamie said...

These are super, super cute and a perfect gift for teachers! I hope it's okay, I have featured your cute clipboard on my new blog. You can see it here:

http://crafteronabudget.blogspot.com/2012/03/super-cute-diy-embellished-clipboards.html

Thank you for sharing the tutorial!

 
At April 9, 2012 at 8:09 AM , Blogger Ashley @ Hillbilly Princess Diaries said...

so cute!

 
At July 16, 2012 at 12:10 PM , Blogger The Prudent Pantry said...

These are great! I love using clipboards. These would make great gifts! I'm trying to get a jump on the holidays this year, so this project is perfect!

I would love it if you would share this at my new 12 Days of Christmas in July linky party. You can link up here:

http://theprudentpantryblog.blogspot.com/2012/07/twelve-days-of-christmas-in-july-linky.html

I can’t wait to get organized for a peaceful and frugal holiday season!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home