<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: Disney Inspired Handmade Fashion & Our Magical Trip

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Disney Inspired Handmade Fashion & Our Magical Trip





Hi friends!...It's been awhile. Happy New Year! I'm finally starting to recover from Christmas and all that comes along with it! This year was extra special for our family. We took the kids to Disneyland for their first time. It was everything I imagined and more.....we really had the best time EVER. We surprised the kids Christmas morning with these Mickey & Minnie gift baskets I put together. They contained character PJ's, socks, shirts, glow sticks, ect.



These wonderful hats were made by the talented Shawn of The Head Said Etsy shop. She has all sorts of fab designs... They are super cute and so warm. Perfect for those chilly Disney early mornings! I had so many people stop ask where they could buy one...


I made this cute Minnie Mouse pillowcase dress the same time I made her Christmas one. Read about that here. I love the applique ears and embellished matching ribbon. It was so perfect for Disneyland!

If you read here often you might be starting to catch on that I love styling my kids...It's sorta my thing...or obsession..whatever..Ha! But it doesn't matter if it's handmade, Goodwill, or Target clearance... Applique tops are something I enjoy making, and here are 3 I made for the trip. Read more on how I applique here. It really is easy. (Note: I usually hand stitch or machine stitch the edges and I didn't here. They started to come up so I will do that next time for sure.)


This is a $5 turtle neck from Target. I used Wonder Under fusible web to apply the ears, and stitched this sparkly applique bow from Hobby Lobby.



(To make mickey ear templates just search Google for "mickey ears image". Then copy, paste, and re size onto MS Word. I then print out on cardstock.)



Here's the tie template I used.
These two were pretty stylin & popular walking around in their matching outfits :) My son was very proud to say, "Oh my mom made this!" Hmm..I Wonder how much longer that'll last?

I didn't dress up really, but I did sport some snazzy hounds tooth nails thanks to Sally Hansen nail stickers...love those! So fun.

The kids did great patiently waiting in long lines...And my 3 year old rode Space Mountain and loved it! This was seriously such a fun part of being a parent. We went after Christmas and it was waaaaay crowded, in fact they had to stop selling tickets in the afternoon one day! Yikes...










Here's a few random tips if you haven't been in a while.










1. Download a couple Aps to your phone called Mouse Wait & DL Waits...They have useful info on wait times and if a ride is closed, and height requirements, showtimes, ect. We found that rides close alot throughout the day.










2. Figure out the Fast Pass rides. On the map they have an (FP in front of them.) You are allowed to get one about every few hours by putting your park hopper ticket in an ATM looking machine. It lets you bypass some of the lines...otherwise Space Mountain or Star Tours could be 90+ min.










3. Know how tall your child is and see if they meet height reqirements before you wait in the line of a ride...ha lesson learned from me :)










4. Inside the park has the yummiest hot chocolate..trust.










5. Our fav character dinning was Ariel's Grotto in CA Adventure. It was by far the higest quality food...and so cute with all the princesses :)










6. My top 2 fav rides were in CA Adventure!! (The new Ariel ride, and Toy Story 4D ride.) Plus they have cleaner family style bathrooms, and a Phineas & Ferb street show!










7. Night time was less crowded so we took breaks in the late afternoon, ate, and then came back at night! It's so pretty at night.....













My fav memory was when we ordered my son Mickey waffles with candles in bed on the day of his birthday. I had decorated the room a little after he had fallen asleep so he woke up to balloons & breakfast. He was super surprised and felt special...CUTE! By the way, that bananas foster waffle was the best thing ever...

Disney was a complete success. I'm glad we waited until we were out of strollers and diapers to go...Here's to sweet Disney dreams and a Happy New Year!





Thanks for checking in.




xoxo




Lina


joining these fab parties:

















For the Kids Friday
What's Up Wed @ Sew Woodsy




freckled laundry





shabby creek cottage





The 36th Avenue


















Design Dazzle



Tip Junkie handmade projects

12 Comments:

At January 3, 2012 at 11:27 PM , Blogger April said...

so so cute! Memories forever! xoxo

 
At January 3, 2012 at 11:29 PM , Blogger Veronika said...

Looks like tons of fun! Great matching outfits too!

 
At January 4, 2012 at 8:56 AM , Blogger A Mother and A Daughter said...

Love that you enjoy stylin' up your babies! When my daughter was young I made most of her clothes. I loved stylin' her up too! She had a new outfit for practically every occasion! Now I enjoy sewing for my granddaughter! I may have to make her a Minnie Mouse pillowcase dress. SO CUTE! ~ Barbara

 
At January 6, 2012 at 11:24 AM , Blogger DesignDazzle.blogspot.com said...

love the outfits you made! you're awesome! thanks for sharing such fun Disney ideas!

 
At January 6, 2012 at 8:22 PM , Blogger The Clegg Family said...

These are some awesome ideas!!! We're going to Disneyland in the summer...and these would be awesome to make for my kiddos!
{visiting from TT&J}

 
At January 7, 2012 at 1:18 PM , Blogger Kim said...

What a great post. I"m currently working on funding our next Disney trip this coming fall. Love your outfit choices. We plan our trips during the school year..hate the crowds!!!

www.momspaycheck.blogspot.com

 
At January 9, 2012 at 5:48 PM , Blogger annies home said...

so much disney would lead one to dream disney as well love your post come see what I shared at http://shopannies.blogspot.com/2012/01/warm-apple-buttermilk-custard-pie.html

 
At January 9, 2012 at 10:00 PM , Blogger Hani said...

Amazing! I super love it.. More over I enjoyed seeing your kids in this post, they are SO Cute.. I am on the same page as you, surely waiting for my toddler to get out of that diaper before we go to disney.. It's surely will be more fun when he's a pre-schooler..
Thanks for linking at craftionary
Be sure to check out if you have been featured on Friday..
Take care!

 
At January 10, 2012 at 6:19 PM , Blogger Terri said...

Oh, wow, this is an adorable post from start to finish! I'm taking my family to Disneyworld this summer and sure wish I'd been creative in my gift ideas like you.... My grandgirls are 6 years old twins and they've never been before. Thanks for the helpful tips!

 
At January 11, 2012 at 5:21 PM , Blogger Six Sisters said...

Very cute ideas! Thanks for linking up to "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We would love to have you come back next Saturday and share more ideas! -The Sisters

 
At January 14, 2012 at 1:47 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Adorable - Just added this to our Disney Board on Pinterst! http://pinterest.com/educatorsspinon/for-disney/

 
At January 16, 2012 at 5:13 PM , Blogger Oh, boy. Oh, joy! said...

I am a certified Disney fanatic and I officially love everything about this post, especially the clothes! Very well done, so cute!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home