<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: My Grandma Bonnie's Almond Roca Recipe

Monday, December 17, 2012

My Grandma Bonnie's Almond Roca Recipe


Each year we get a package in the mail full of edible treats from my Grandma Bonnie. She is one of those special people you could sit and have coffee and laugh and gossip with forever! I just adore her so much. Here she is pictured with my kids Christmas 2008.  (Awe they were so little then!)
As soon as I opened the box and tasted these Almond Roca pieces, I called her right away for the recipe! They are A-mazing...
So today I'm sharing her recipe with you. She said she's been making these for years during the holidays and you can use Saltine or graham crackers...
Grandma Bonnie's Almond Roca:
Ingredients:
2 sticks of butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 sleeve of graham crackers
1 cup of chopped almonds
1- 12 oz bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Line a 9x12 casserole oven dish with foil including the sides.
3. Make one layer of crackers on the bottom of pan.
3. Melt butter and brown sugar on the stove and heat to a boil. Let boil (with bubbles) for 3 minutes. Be careful not to burn.
4. Pour and spread mixture evenly on top of the crackers.
5. Bake at 400 degrees for 5 min.
5. Pour chocolate chips on top and spread around as they melt.
6. Sprinkle the almonds on top. (She said to kind of pat them gently down into chocolate so they don't fall off.)
7. Refrigerate for a couple hours.
8. Break in pieces to serve.


I think these would be a great treat for Santa...
I know not the healthiest....just make one pan and share! lol I made two pans yesterday and gave them away for neighbor gifts. This recipe is so easy and tastes awesome.


SNAP!

The 36th AVENUE
Adorned From Above
Create & Inspire @ Little Inspiration

10 Comments:

At December 17, 2012 at 10:41 AM , Blogger Felecia Cofield said...

Hi Lina! Yummy! These sound delicious! How precious that photo of your Grandma and the kids! And very wise of you to get the recipe! Thanks for sharing it with us! Blessings from Bama!

 
At December 17, 2012 at 6:30 PM , Blogger Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

Hi Lina! I know these are so good because I've made them before. But I've used saltine crackers rather than graham crackers. How sweet of your Grandmother to send these to you and how smart of you to get the recipe because it's a keeper! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

 
At December 18, 2012 at 3:26 AM , Blogger Laurie @ Laurie's Little Bits of Creativity, etc. said...

These look yummy! How kind of Grandma Bonnie and you to share the recipe. I am definitely making these. Happy Holidays!

 
At December 18, 2012 at 8:57 AM , Blogger Bellenza Wedding Bistro said...

Such a blessing to have a Grandma Bonnie in your lives! Thanks for sharing her recipe. :-)

 
At December 19, 2012 at 9:35 AM , Blogger Adorned From Above said...

These look amazing. I love almond roca. I have a link party called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog Hop and would love to have you share this with everyone. It runs from Wednesday through midnight Sunday. Here is the link to the party.
http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/12/6-crafts-and-recipes-and-wednesdays.html
Debi @ Adorned From Above

 
At December 19, 2012 at 2:01 PM , Blogger An Oasis in the Desert said...

Oh, yum, this sounds so good! Best of all, I have all the ingredients! You and your children are lucky to have such a sweet Gramma & Great Gramma in your lives!

 
At December 19, 2012 at 7:13 PM , Blogger Bethany@http://thislittleestate.blogspot.ca/ said...

Grandma Bonnie is a genious! That looks so gooood! I will have to try it out! Thanks for the recipe!! I just found your blog and cant wait to follow along!

 
At December 19, 2012 at 7:27 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love Almond Roca and never had a recipe, so I can't wait to try this. Saw you on the36thavenue party and now following. Come visit me at memoriesbythemile.com
Merry Christmas,
Wanda Ann

 
At December 20, 2012 at 5:06 PM , Blogger Maria said...

Oh wow that looks absolutely delicious!!!! What a great Christmas treat! Merry Christmas!

 
At December 21, 2012 at 4:41 PM , Blogger Diana of Diana Rambles said...

Divine! Pinned!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home