<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: Christmas 2012 Home Decor Tour

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Christmas 2012 Home Decor Tour

Good Morning! Welcome to our home for Christmas. This weekend we are hosting a Christmas party for my husband's job team so I've been busy cleaning and preparing. I thought you'd like to take a look inside at this year's holiday home decor! 

My parents have handed down and gifted quite a few beautiful Christmas pieces, and ornaments throughout the years so this year I was happy to have enough space to display it all. My mom and Grammy have always had beautiful taste in holiday decor and have for sure inspired and influenced my style. My goal is to combine higher end pieces from them, handmade items by me and inexpensive dollar store, thrift, and discount store items to make it all come together.

I had fun decorating the banisters with both garland and wreaths this year.....


I was handed down these Pottery Barn reindeer from my sweet Grammy and I'm in love with them! 
I was also gifted this this beautiful wood painted Santa from my parents. He's about 2 feet tall and 
in our family room.

Can you believe I found these cute Christmas Stamp pilows at Ross for $7.99? Yep I said Ross! 












So we had drama with our pre-lit tree this year. Two rows of lights went out and after two days of messing with it and even buying one of those Christmas light evaluating tools, we gave up and just threw more stands of lights on it. If you look super close you can see the non lit lights...grrr. Oh well.

This year I added aqua to the cream and white tree.




I love this sheet music ribbon that says NOEL.
Lets highlight a few of my fav ornaments. These little ballet shoes remind me of my tiny dancer..$3 from Home Goods.
Oh when I saw this little guy at Target this year I couldn't resist!
Last year I made a bunch of Mod Podge Ornaments with vintage map paper...

 Many of my ornaments are from the dollar store like all these...

 Do you love this Christmas Tree skirt from Home Goods? We needed to update our old one, and I love it!

Marshall's had this beautiful vintage sheet music and vintage post card wrapping paper. I had looked everywhere for wrapping paper like this so I was jumping for joy in the store! (I know weird  right.) It's just paper, but this detail makes me happy!
I made some little bird tags too.


The mantel this year turned out fun. 




Here is the post with all the details on how to make those $1 Stockings!



This is how I am displaying Christmas cards this year. (More on that later).
This door handle santa is fun because he has bells. My kids love it!

My downstairs bathroom has some holiday cheer!
I hung my pallet tree in there.

And in case you haven't seen some of my previous posts, here is my fun whimsy dining table.




And my front entrance....

post signaturewith my poinsettia tree we made.
Thank you so much for coming by my home!
I wish you all the joy & peace this season can bring.


Happy Holidays...


Joining:




UndertheTableandDreaming
Photobucket



SNAP!
The 36th AVENUE
Christmas Tree Party @ Restoration House

christmas tree party


14 Comments:

At December 6, 2012 at 2:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your wreaths on the stairway, nice change from garland! The ornaments you made are so pretty, and the stockings are adorable! You are ready for a party for sure!
Jenna

 
At December 7, 2012 at 8:41 AM , Blogger Notions from Nonny said...

Hey there!! Just found your blog on Craftaholics Anonymous!! I just moved to Fresno, which is a good thing. I am now closer to my grand baby. :-)

I look forward to reading your blog in the future! Take care!!

Nonny

 
At December 7, 2012 at 10:44 AM , Blogger dawnaclark said...

Lina, you've done a beautiful job making your home so festive for the holidays! Very inspiring! Found you via "craftaholics anonymous"!

 
At December 9, 2012 at 8:06 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

So many beautiful things, your home looks beautiful!

 
At December 10, 2012 at 7:51 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

GORGEOUS! I love your tree. WOW! My fav. shot is the one with the tree and the fireplace to the left. Gorg. hugs, jen

 
At December 10, 2012 at 5:01 PM , Blogger Erin~Just*Grand said...

What a wonderful charming, enchanting home you have created. I'm sure your children's eyes light up every night! Well done. And I know what you mean about the prelit trees. I spent two days last year cutting all the old dead wires and bulbs off of our tree. We have gone back to putting our own strings of lights on and it's pretty easy. Much easier than trying to figure out which bulbs are out and replacing them... Merry Christmas to you and your family!

 
At December 11, 2012 at 1:49 PM , Blogger Dixie n Dottie said...

Wow! What lovely decorations! Would love if you'd join our Countdown to Christmas link party! Hope to see you there! Have a great week! :)
http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/2012_12_11_archive.html

 
At December 12, 2012 at 9:43 AM , Blogger Cassie Bustamante said...

beautiful!! i would hate to open those gifts they look so pretty!!!! love your ruffly stockings, and the wreaths on the banister!

 
At December 13, 2012 at 9:44 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Such eye candy!!
Everything is just lovely!! Visiting from Restoration House :-)

 
At December 13, 2012 at 4:59 PM , Blogger Anneke at This, That and Life said...

Wow, I love your tree and decor, but I fell in love with those reindeer! Thanks for linking to the Home for the Holidays Link Party!

~Anneke at This, That and Life

 
At December 18, 2012 at 6:04 AM , Blogger Denise said...

Hi!So nice to visit your lovely home this Christmas.I enjoyed your decor.I am now your newest follower :)Please do drop by and visit Me any time-Denise from Coffeeberry Cottage

 
At December 18, 2012 at 6:28 AM , Blogger An Oasis in the Desert said...

Everything looks so pretty! I really like your tree and how you decorated your bannister. The wreath chandelier is beautiful! I'm a new follower.

 
At December 18, 2012 at 7:19 PM , Blogger Free Art Printables said...

thank you for sharing your lovely holiday home with us!!!

 
At December 21, 2012 at 5:58 PM , Blogger Felecia Cofield said...

Wow! Everything is so lovely! I love the chandelier, the card-holder, and the gift wrap, wowsers! I could go on and on! Merry Christmas! Blessings from Bama!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home