<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: $1 Store No Sew Ruffle Stockings and My Hydrangea Holiday Wreath

Friday, November 30, 2012

$1 Store No Sew Ruffle Stockings and My Hydrangea Holiday Wreath


How do you like my new $50 shabby chic boutique Christmas stockings? Ha ha just kidding...


These are from the dollar store...specifically Dollar Tree.
Our old stockings needed to be updated and they can be pretty expensive and I almost attempted to sew my own, but then spotted these white ones for a dollar.


And then I got even lazier and decided to see if hot gluing ruffles to the top of the stocking would work...and it did!
I had some left over linen looking thrift store material that worked out perfect! All I did was just start cutting out 2 inch wide pieces and gluing, making sure to create a "ruffle" as I went along. It doesn't matter how long you make your cuts because you can just start gluing another piece.

 I love how they look on the mantel and they match the new Christmas tree skirt I bought this week.
(I had a blast one day this week spending time in Home Goods spending a little birthday money!) I'll show you some other great finds later on :) Wink.. 


I made this wreath about 3 years ago B.B. (Before Blogging)
It is made with a plain branch wreath from the craft store and then I added a bunch of hydrangea blooms.


Last year I added these pearl looking berries. 

This year I decided to hang it on one of the fabric covered canvases from my family room makeover. I love the contrast. The script fabric is from Ikea
 I love these angels. They are from my Grammy. And I always used the dollar store candles I embellished with mod podge and music paper for every holiday! :)


Thanks for stopping by to see what's on my mantel! Do you like the stockings? Do they look like they are from the dollar store? :)
Stay tuned for the rest of my Christmas details coming soon........ 

Joining:

Polkadot Pretties
 
mop it up mondays
Made in a Day
UndertheTableandDreaming





The 36th AVENUE


Join our Christmas Link Party

9 Comments:

At November 30, 2012 at 10:14 AM , Blogger Okio B Designs said...

Love the bling! Can't believe they are from the dollar store! The ruffles look gorgeous!

Jeanine

 
At November 30, 2012 at 6:45 PM , Blogger Felecia Cofield said...

Hi Lina! Love the stockings! The do NOT look like they are from the dollar store! You did a great job with the ruffles! I also like all of the other items on your mantel! So festive! Thanks for sharing! Blessings from Bama!

 
At November 30, 2012 at 7:42 PM , Blogger hydrangeaplace said...

You're brilliant! Love, love, love it! Thanks so much for sharing.

 
At November 30, 2012 at 8:27 PM , Blogger Our Pinteresting Family said...

Those are amazing! What a fantastic upgrade you've done on them. Thanks for sharing. Megan

 
At December 1, 2012 at 6:49 AM , Blogger Jamie said...

Adorable stockings!
~Jamie

 
At December 3, 2012 at 12:58 AM , Blogger Mel@Mellywood's Mansion said...

No sew, $1 and pretty, fantastic job love it!

 
At December 3, 2012 at 5:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute stockings! I like the ruffles!

T'onna
Submarine Sunday Link Party

 
At December 12, 2012 at 1:51 PM , Blogger Danielle said...

Love your $1 no sew stockings! Very creative. I also love your wreath very pretty. Thanks so much for sharing this over at our Home for the Holidays Mantel Link Party.

 
At December 12, 2012 at 7:00 PM , Blogger Restoration House Interiors said...

Okay, so I am LOVING your stockings! What a cute idea! Thanks for sharing! I hope you can link up tomorrow on my blog for the Christmas trees segment of our Home for the Holidays linky party! Can't wait to see your tree!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home