<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: Thrifty Finds to Fruit Tiered Stand

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Thrifty Finds to Fruit Tiered Stand

Last month I found these really great plates and chargers at Goodwill and it was hard not to buy the set! So I bought one of each...and of course some candlesticks to make a another goodwill tiered stand! With the help of some E6000 I love how it turned out!! I also spray painted the first and second brass candlestick with Rust-oleum Oregano.












Here it is today along with some fresh tulips I just received from my sweet hubby for Mother's Day! What a great guy! :)


I also made another pedestal cloche in the same Oregano color because I love it!

































The white pedestal cloche is now in the entry way. I guess I really like lemons right now :) I found two huge bags of them for $5,99 each at Ross. Great score, because they are pricey at Michael's and Hobby Lobby!


















I hope everyone has a fantastic Mother's Day including my mom! (She reads my all my posts and is my biggest fan!) And reads your sweet comments and discusses with me! Ha :)














xoxo






Lina










Linking to:










Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage





















Chic on a Shoestring Decorating








Weekend Wrap Up at Tatertots and Jello


Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special







HOG


Tip Junkie handmade projects

Photobucket





























20 Comments:

At May 5, 2011 at 7:25 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Lovely tiered stands! You do a fabulous job!! Love the lemons too!!!!!

 
At May 5, 2011 at 7:26 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I am having a hard time believing that tiered tray was not found in some far off boutique! Good Will? Really? I would have never thought to group them togeather, but the result speaks for itself! You definately have a top notch one of a kind there! I'm soooo jealous...
Kim @ tiarasandbowies.blogspot.com

 
At May 5, 2011 at 9:37 PM , Blogger Connie the crafterbug said...

Lina,
I have seen these stands a-lot recently in blog land ,but you always manage to make it just that must better. You definitely have an eye for decorating.
Connie

 
At May 6, 2011 at 9:32 AM , Blogger Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

That tiered stand is stunning! I especially love how you layered the smaller green plate right on top -- great job!

 
At May 6, 2011 at 5:41 PM , Blogger Kelli W said...

Seriously you got all that stuff at Goodwill!?! That stand looks amazing...like a really expensive piece from a fancy shop! I think I need to head to Goodwill soon:)

 
At May 6, 2011 at 7:10 PM , Blogger Sue@creativetryals.blogspot.com said...

You have a good eye! I have seen stuff like this but would have never put them together. This is gorgeous!
Visiting you from Tater Tots and Jello.

 
At May 9, 2011 at 8:26 PM , Blogger Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

WOW so creative of you! I actually like that they are mismatched better than if they were all matchy matchy.

-Lindsay
Delighted Momma

 
At May 9, 2011 at 8:29 PM , Blogger Lori said...

I have been wanting to do this for a while! I think you just gave me the motivation to do it! I love how yours turned out!

 
At May 11, 2011 at 3:55 AM , Blogger Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Love those white pieces, Lina! I'm on a white kick lately myself. I find I can fit them in anywhere in the house. Great tiered stand, too. The dishes work so well together!

 
At May 11, 2011 at 6:43 AM , Blogger ~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Such pretty bright colors! :) You have a nice place here! would love if you'd stop by my blog sometime :) Happy Wednesday!

 
At May 11, 2011 at 8:17 AM , Blogger Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said...

These are utterly fabulous. I'm off to have a good rummage through your blog! Love from your newest follower!

 
At May 13, 2011 at 5:16 PM , Blogger Ladybird Ln said...

Super cute, I love the colors, it is very 'expensive' looking! The pedestals are lovely! I found you at the weekend wrap up party, stop by and visit if you get a chance!

Carlee
www.ladybirdln.com

 
At May 13, 2011 at 5:28 PM , Blogger SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

Thank you for linking up this great post at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop :) Hope to see you again this Sunday!

 
At May 14, 2011 at 6:18 AM , Blogger Kristin said...

Hi! Love your idea! Stopping by from Tatertots and Jello, and just became your newest follower!

 
At May 14, 2011 at 8:28 PM , Blogger Ruth said...

The stand is gorgeous!! I want to make one. It's time for a trip to the thrift store.

Ruth

 
At May 14, 2011 at 9:03 PM , Blogger Bella @ Bella before and after said...

Thats a really pretty stand, love the top plate, it's gorgeous. Tulips are so pretty too, and I love the lemons in those big hurricanes.

My question is, where do you store all your stands. That is the only thing holding me back from making these. I don't have any place to store them, :(

I'd love if you linked this up. Stop by anytime to say hello!!!

Have a wonderful day girl!!
Also if you get a chance, hope you can come over to see how I make the EASIEST chicken curry ever, using rotisserie chicken, and enter to win your own MAGIC Chicken Curry Mix.

Hugs, Bella :)
Hugs,
Bella :)**AMAZE ME AUGUST** @ Bella Before and After

 
At May 15, 2011 at 5:51 PM , Blogger Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Wow this turned out fantastic! I love the vintage look of all the platters - great finds!Hope you have a wonderful week ~ Stephanie Lynn

 
At May 18, 2011 at 4:58 PM , Blogger . said...

Each platter alone were great finds...but together they are fantastic! :)

 
At May 20, 2011 at 6:47 AM , Blogger Gail said...

I like your combination of plates.

 
At May 21, 2011 at 6:07 PM , Blogger At The Picket Fence said...

That looks just fantastic! I totally want to try my hand at that sometime because I have a ton of those brass candlesticks stored away. Thanks for sharing your transformation with us at Inspiration Friday this week! :-)
Vanessa

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home