<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: Mod Podge Bow Holder

Friday, March 4, 2011

Mod Podge Bow Holder


This weekend we are attending a cute 4 year old's birthday party named Ella. As soon as we were invited I knew exactly what I wanted to make her! A personalized bow holder. I am obsessed with making bows for my daughter and have been wanting to try out mod podge. Plus as a mom I love receiving homemade thoughtful gifts instead of toy clutter, don't you?! Her mom will be thrilled I know :)
Here's what I started with. I bought an already painted white E at Michael's for a couple bucks and some Mod Podge, and cute scrapbook paper. I also got out some matching ribbon from my stash...and yes for those who know me I have quite the ribbon collection! Ha ha....And yes my daughter does have a matching bow or flower for every outfit :)


I traced and cut out the E, then painted a thin layer of Mod Podge. Then you place your paper on and very carefully smooth out the bubbles. I used an old gift card to smooth mine out. Let that dry and then add a layer of Mod Podge on top. So easy and cute!!


After mine dried I added ribbon on top to tie and also ribbon on the bottom for bows!
I also made Ella a couple bows to match her holder.
Here's the end result!!!! Love :)




Look at this cute pillow case dress I found yesterday at my local Kid to Kid Resale store for $6.99! This will be perfect for my little girl to wear to the party! And of course I had to make some matching bows for her :)
Happy Friday! Hope everyone has a beautiful weekend. I am excited for a sunny spring training baseball game with my family as well this weekend! Perks of living in the desert!
Xoxo
Lina




Today's Creative Blog


11 Comments:

At March 4, 2011 at 4:58 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

That is such a wonderful idea for a birthday gift! I LOVE it!!! Might have to make this for a party we are going to next weekend!

 
At March 4, 2011 at 6:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love this!! The colors you used are fab!!

 
At March 4, 2011 at 7:35 PM , Blogger Jennifer said...

Lina, thank you so much for dropping by my blog and VOTING!! I so appreciate it! I love your blot and am your newest follower! This project is adorable! I so wish I had a girl!
Jen
Scissors & Spatulas

 
At March 5, 2011 at 3:10 PM , Blogger Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper said...

Really cute! I am a big crafter but can you believe I've never mod podged anything. Adding it to my to do list.
http://itsybitsypaper.blogspot.com

 
At March 5, 2011 at 8:04 PM , Blogger Michelle @ Delicate Construction said...

I love the idea of the bow on the top! So cute! Visiting from Tatertots and Jello and I am a new follower!!
Hope you are having a great weekend!
Michelle
www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

 
At March 5, 2011 at 8:52 PM , Blogger The Autocrat: Haley said...

Oh wow! I was just at my friends house and she was asking me how to hang all of her little girls clip on flowers . . . . now I know! Thanks for some good inspiration.

 
At March 7, 2011 at 11:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found you through Craft-O-Maniac. I love LOVE love your hair bow holder! Super adorable.
I featured it on my blog today!
Come check it out:
http://justbeckause.blogspot.com/2011/03/blog-head-monday.html

<3Becky
justbeckause.blogspot.com

 
At March 7, 2011 at 12:58 PM , Blogger Audrey said...

First, I clicked on the Spring Wreath at Craft-O-Maniac, then the hair bow holder! They are both your crafts! I have to be a follower now!! Love your stuff! :o)

 
At March 7, 2011 at 2:22 PM , Blogger Marilyn said...

Love your blog.. It's absolutely lovely.. Newest follower from http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com/;)) Hope you can stop by and visit me sometime, thanks for all the terrific inspirations :))) off to browse more.. ;)) Marilyn

 
At March 14, 2011 at 8:21 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

This is so pretty!

I'd love to have you link up to my For the Kids Friday Link Party! Stop on by and see what we're up to!

http://sunscholars.blogspot.com/2011/03/for-kids-friday-2-part-2.html

 
At December 16, 2011 at 1:32 PM , Blogger Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

This turned out really cute!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home