<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: I've been sick and making lots of soup! Here's recipes for bothChickenFideo & Chicken Posole

Sunday, January 13, 2013

I've been sick and making lots of soup! Here's recipes for bothChickenFideo & Chicken Posole

Hi Friends! I've been absent lately and the reason why is because my family got this awful plague that's going around! Man it's bad and I actually seem to have the worst of it. I can't seem to get 100% better. It seems this cough congestion thing is never ending. I've just been hanging low and eating a lot of soup.

The other day I made some homemade chicken fideo soup and posted a picture on my personal FB, many of my friends asked me for the recipe so I've decided to share with you too.
Photo: Homemade chicken fideo soup!..lots of Goya Sofrita, Sazon, and chiles..omg good for my cold.

My grandma and mom cook with Goya products so for me they are very comforting.
My grandparents are originally from Puerto Rico so these intense flavors are what I LOVE :)

Sofrito
Sofrito is an excellent base for soup and made of tomato puree, cilantro. onions, peppers, and garlic.
My grocery store carries Goya products, but you may also find this homemade Sofrito recipe interesting.
Goya Sazon Con Azafran Flavor Packet, 1.41 oz (Pack of 36)
Sazon is a great way to season chicken when roasting it..We actually use it on our turkey too for that great orange look. Sazon is very high in sodium though so use a little and I hear there's a low sodium version online. In this soup I used just half a small envelope.
I used this chicken flavored tomato bullion for broth in both these soups and like it.

Chicken Fideo Soup Recipe:

3 Tbsp Goya Sofrito
1 tbsp olive oil
1 medium chopped onion
1 jalapeno sliced (omit if you dislike spicy)
2 carrots chopped
2 celery pieces chopped
3 red potatoes chopped
1 package fideo noodles (or angel hair pasta works)
1/2 of a cooked rotisserie chicken shredded
1/2 small envelope of Goya Salzon
5 cups calde de tomate bouillon broth
1 bay leaf

1. Sautee Onion, jalepeno, carrots and celery, in the olive oil & Sofrito for a good 5 min.
2. Add broth, chicken, Salzon, bay leaf, potatoes. Cook on low for at least 40 min. until potatoes and veggies are tender.
3. Turn up heat and cook your noodles before you'd like to eat in the soup.



A couple days later from the other half of the chicken I made a great posole.
It's also easy and so good!
By the way I googled how to spell Posole vs Pozole and it says you can spell it both ways? I usually get my spelling info from Google :)




Chicken Posole (Pizole) Recipe:
3 Tbsp Goya Sofrito
1 med onion chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
1 bell pepper chopped
1 jalapeno chopped (omit if you dislike spicy)
1/3 of a cabbage chopped
15 oz can hominy
3 cups bullion calde de tomate broth
handful of chopped cilantro
1/2 cooked rotisserie chicken shredded
one 12 oz can of red enchilada sauce

1. Sautee onions, bell pepper, and jalapeno in olive oil & Sofrito for about 5 min.
2. Add cilantro, broth, chicken, hominy, cabbage, and enchilada sauce and slow cook for about 45-60 min.



 The hominy and red enchilada sauce in here makes it taste so unique!
My husband especially loved this one, and he's not one to be impressed by soup as a meal :)
I like that both these soups are pretty low in fat and have tons of taste and flavor.

Here's to eating lots of great soup feeling better!





Savvy Southern Stqyle
The 36th AVENUE


Create & Inspire Party @ Little Inspiration

4 Comments:

At January 13, 2013 at 10:00 AM , Blogger fefechristine said...

YUM! Makes me homesick for grandma's cooking! I am going to have to make these.

 
At January 13, 2013 at 10:04 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yumo! I wonder if your freeze it and ship it using dry ice- yes, that's a good idea. I'll test the quality upon arrival!

 
At January 13, 2013 at 12:35 PM , Blogger Notions from Nonny said...

I have been looking for a great chicken pozole recipe!!
Thank you for sharing!!

Nonny
www.notionsfromnonny.blogspot.com

 
At January 14, 2013 at 6:10 AM , Blogger Felecia Cofield said...

Hi Lina! Sorry you've been sick, but glad you're feeling better! Those soups look delicious! Thanks for sharing! Blessings from Bama!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home