<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: A fancy frugal Christmas party

Friday, December 21, 2012

A fancy frugal Christmas party

The first weekend in December we hosted my husband's work team and their families for a big Christmas dinner party at our home. 
Photo: Hosted a big holiday dinner party for J's work ppl and their families..It was a success! We r wiped though.

This is why my Christmas was up pretty early this year :) Take the tour here if you haven't already.
 My husband's company supplied a beautiful ham from the Honey Baked Ham Co, and I made the side dishes. Co workers brought some appetizers to share. 
Someone also brought some yummy punch that my kids loved!


I made some goodies that day that have already been featured on my blog you may recognize.

The box cake lemon cookies can be found here.

And the recipe for my grandma's easy mini blackberry tarts with pie crusts are here.

I had a craft area set up for the kids that was really a hit.





They made some paper plate and cotton ball Santa faces.
We also did a gift exchange for the kids. I picked up this super cute Velveteen rabbit and book at Kohl's for $5 each. Have you seen those? It's so soft.
My daughter and I did our Santa nails that day....


We all drank and ate way too much! Including these two :)

 These party poopers passed out!


We had such a great party with some really fun people. I thought it was nice and more personal than going out to a restaurant, however if they want to do a restaurant next year, I'm in! lol 

 Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend!

5 Comments:

At December 21, 2012 at 4:29 PM , Blogger Denise said...

Great job!Looks like it was a wonderful party.Merry Christmas!

 
At December 21, 2012 at 5:33 PM , Blogger Melissa @ LoveBugLiving said...

Everything looks so beautiful! You have such great ideas. I'm your newest follower. I'd love for you to stop by my blog at www.lovebugliving.com

 
At December 21, 2012 at 5:51 PM , Blogger The Polka Dot Closet said...

I love Honey baked Ham and oh the food all looked so good...i have got to get off the computer and go eat. Hubby and kids...Adorable!

Carol

 
At December 21, 2012 at 5:52 PM , Blogger Felecia Cofield said...

Hi Lina! What a fun party! Everything looks so nice and festive! Love the santa faces! All those treats look delicious, too! I love the blue decor on and around your tree! And your fingernails! Too cute! Your hubs is cute,too! Ya'll make a good team! And very cute kids, I might add! I hope ya'll have the merriest Christmas ever! Blessings from Bama!

 
At December 22, 2012 at 8:21 PM , Blogger Lisa said...

Looks like a fantastic time! Love the idea of having a craft table for the kids. Bet that was a great way to keep them occupied! Your tree is absolutely beautiful, by the way!

Merry Christmas!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home