This Page

has moved to a new address:


Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: Glam Dora Backpack Invitations

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Glam Dora Backpack Invitations

I started my party planning for my daughter's 3rd birthday today and I'm excited on how well her invites turned out! Especially since I am not an artist and didn't have a template to work off of!

This image I found online was my inspiration.

First I folded a sheet of paper in half and made two shapes like this one, for the front and back.

Then I traced my template and cut out the two parts on my purple paper. Then I glued the edges around to secure.

I wanted to glam up the backpack a little so I attached ribbon to the bottom front and feather boa stuff to the bottom back

I found the backpack face pieces on Nick Jr. here,

I made an insert for the invite info to place inside the invite. I also embellished the top with ribbon.
Also I glued a tiny velcro circle to keep the backpack closed.

The invites say this:

We need your help!
Will you help us celebrate Lily’s
3rd birthday?
Come on Vamanos! Everybody let’s go!
Where are we going?
Lily’s House-
When are we going?
date and time of party

I will be working on some cute decorations next so stay tuned for some chic Dora fun!!

I am linking to:

Making The World Cuter Mondays

Show and Tell Green

this blessed nest

Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap   up           party!

Today's Creative Blog


At March 11, 2011 at 8:38 PM , Blogger this blessed nest said...

look at this!!! LOVE the little boa added to the back. adorable. i know 3 little ones that would love to receive something like this. too cute. thanks for linking up to the SPRING FLING!

have a super weekend.

At March 14, 2011 at 12:35 AM , Blogger Donna said...

Cute, the feather boa makes the invitation even better! I hope you're daughter has a great birthday!

At March 14, 2011 at 3:45 AM , Blogger Julie said...

I love this! I'd love for you to link up at Inspire Me Mondays @ Singing Three Little Birds.

At March 14, 2011 at 8:34 AM , Blogger Jen-CraftOManiac said...

CUTE!!!! winks-jen

At March 14, 2011 at 7:23 PM , Blogger Kalleen at Second Street said...

So great. Thanks for sharing them with me. I was thrilled to not do invites, but these would have been fun.

At March 16, 2011 at 12:25 PM , Blogger radn said...

That is stinking cute!

I am having a giveaway on my blog. $35 + free shipping to get a custom trendy backpacks from Paige Holliday Designs, an Etsy store. All you have to do to win is leave a comment saying which backpack you like.



Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home