<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: The Golf Par-tee

Monday, January 9, 2012

The Golf Par-tee




This weekend we hosted my son's class to a picnic in the park birthday "Par-Tee". It turned out super cute and we all had a great time. My son was especially proud of the entire party...(heart is happy!).The weather was sunny and perfect, (thank goodness)!









All of the coordinating golf party printables are from the wonderful Gwynn Wasson Designs. She does beautiful work. All of her parties are A-mazing...



She sends you personalized ready to print banners, party favor tags, "Club Sandwich" wrappers,

cupcake toppers, and food labels!!






















I made these golf silhouettes with foam poster board and thick paint pen. My brother had the golf guy and golf sign (from Hobby Lobby) that are actually wall decor. I just traced them on the poster and colored in with the paint pen...SO easy and festive! Also, I found green linens that were the perfect color at Goodwill for under $5 a tablecloth.... Score!









Here I enlarged one of the invitations designed by Gwynn and made a pedestal frame. I make those from a thrift store frame & candlestick spray painted white and glued together. Golf balls (mine are from Goodwill) make a great centerpiece in a glass vase and faux grass.












And here's the golf wreath made out of left over Christmas tinsel. tees, and balls.

I was kinda proud of this dessert tray....












I ordered the cupcakes at Fry's grocery and had them pipe frosting to look like grass. Then I added a donut hole and flag. I found this idea via pinterest from this gorgeous party.












The green jello cups were actually my idea though! Ha. I added a flag and rolled mini marshmallows to look like a tiny ball. Here's my best attempt at sugar cookie golf bags and balls. The golf bag cookie cutter was $0.60 at Sur La Table.














Here's a bucket of balls (donut holes) and a couple other buckets (from $1 store) I used to hold snacks.


I made "On Par"PB&J's for the kids with my new sandwich press from Pampered Chef! (A cool present from my MIL). It makes them look like Uncrustables! We also had "Caddyshack" coleslaw, and "Country Club pasta salad"...I love the corny names..So did the parents :) Speaking of parents...the dads were especially impressed and now want a golf party...Ha!

I found some random materials at Goodwill to make a little putting green for the kids. We also decorated foam visors. They were a big hit!

And yes my kids wore argyle sweaters....












And now after Christmas, Disney, and this party I am spent, tired..exhausted....I need long nap :) Thank you so very much for stopping by. Do have a wonderful day!










xoxo










Lina

Joining in these parties:



For the Kids Friday



Design Dazzle













The 36th Avenue

















Visit thecsiproject.com









Tip Junkie handmade projects



What's Up Wed @ Sew Woodsy

14 Comments:

At January 9, 2012 at 5:09 PM , Blogger Jessie Emeric said...

cute cute cute! now rest up! xoxo

 
At January 10, 2012 at 5:37 AM , Blogger Marilyn said...

Super CUTE.. One of a kind.. I love this.. Great inspiration :)) Thanks SO much for sharing..:))

 
At January 10, 2012 at 3:08 PM , Blogger Sarah L. said...

I am dying over HOW CUTE all of this is!! I'm pinning this for sure!

I'm happy to be your newest follower, and I'm hoping you'll stop by my BRAND NEW blog and follow me back!!

Thanks a million :)
Sarah @ Dotted Line Crafts

 
At January 11, 2012 at 4:43 AM , Blogger Kara @ June & Bear said...

oh my goodness, this is fabulous. i love the jello cups and bucket of donut holes! so many great ideas.

 
At January 11, 2012 at 8:15 PM , Blogger The Polka Dot Closet said...

Oh you should be exhausted!!! The cutest thing every, from the argyle sweaters to the doughnut hole cupcakes! I can see why the big boys (Daddy's) want a golf party of their own!! Tons of fabulous ideas! You asked if I had seen the rhinestone or jewelry pin bouquets, I had seen them, but the flower bouquet was something new to me, of course I don't spend hours like a bride to be googling wedding stuff LOL! I am getting such a kick out of the vintage wedding trend...Lovin it too! Now, you go rest you have out done yourself!

Carol

 
At January 12, 2012 at 5:53 AM , Blogger Bellenza Wedding Bistro said...

The argyle pattern is perfect! Both on the printables and on those little golfers' vests!

 
At January 13, 2012 at 7:13 PM , Blogger FerrellGraph-x said...

Ha! So fun! I will have to try something like this for my husbands birthday at the end of the month! Thanks for sharing :)
Kindest regards,
Jennifer

 
At January 14, 2012 at 11:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adorable party... love every detail!

 
At January 14, 2012 at 12:42 PM , Blogger Christina said...

I am so happy you linked up your Golf Par-tee. When I saw you post it the other day I thought it was SUPER CUTE! I love the sweaters and the wreath, the printables are adorable but maybe my favorites are the jello and cupcakes. Great color combo too!
Thanks for sharing!
Christina
www.inspirationforcelebration.com

 
At January 16, 2012 at 5:03 PM , Blogger Kindra said...

Visiting from Tip Junkie...love it! Par-Tee...hahaha so cute.

 
At January 17, 2012 at 7:52 AM , Blogger michele said...

serious yum going on here. par-tee on!

visiting via TTJ and would love to have you stop by kate spade/vintage jewelry giveaway: http://hellolovelyinc.blogspot.com/2012/01/something-old-something-new-giveaway.html.

smiles.

michele

 
At June 15, 2012 at 11:26 AM , Blogger Meredith said...

great great party - love the bucket of balls, the other food and tons of great ideas. www.thatsmykindofparty.com

 
At June 15, 2012 at 2:04 PM , Blogger Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

Those jellos are a crack up! Great theme.
<3 Christina at I Gotta Create!
Wildly Original Round Up party is open!

 
At January 16, 2013 at 7:39 PM , Blogger ayshwariya said...

Hey, nice site you have here! Keep up the excellent work!











Golf Tags

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home