<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: DIY Crystal Embellished Converse

Sunday, March 20, 2011

DIY Crystal Embellished Converse

Today I thought of a project I did last summer and said, "I wish I was blogging back then." Do you feel that way too sometimes?



My daughter wore these shoes a bunch last summer and I am surprised they have held up this long!


I took a picture today and will tell you how I embellished them.


Have you seen these cute crystal embellished shoes in boutiques and on etsy?


These are from an adorable Etsy store called Diamonte.
They are listed for $99.00


I love these but could never spend that much on a pair of shoes, because sadly they grow so fast. In fact my daughter doesn't fit into the ones I embellished anymore :( Boooo
I spent about $20 total on mine including shoes.
To make these the Fancy Frugal way you will need the following:
  • E600 Glue
  • Pair of converse ( I got mine for $4.00 at a local consignment sale, Target has great clearance ones sometimes)
  • Crystals (I used the Jolee's brand from Michael's--use coupons)
  • Tweezers
  • Ribbon for laces

The main tip I have is USE LOTS OF GLUE!

Its better to have too much and peel away after they dry than not enough. As you can see my daughter only lost a few after a summer of use. Magic eraser is your best friend for keeping the bottoms white.

You can create a design or not. Really it'll look great once all of the white lip of the shoe is covered.

I used the left over ribbon to make matching hair bows!








Speaking of my daughter......

I entered her in my local Kid to Kid resale store "Best Dressed Contest" to win a $100 gift card! It is a SUPER close race and she needs your help!!! Contest ends March 31

I loooove designer kid clothes but can't and won't spend a ton on them. I keep my kids stylin by shopping at resale shops like Kid to Kid, seasonal consignment sales, and of course Goodwill! This is great tip for all you fancy frugal mommies out there!!

Pretty pretty pleeeeeeeeease stop by the Kid to Kid of Ahwatukee facebook page and vote for my pumpkin? Just click "like" on THIS photo on their wall to vote. You have to "Like" Kid to Kid first. I would be so grateful! And I don't ask for stuff like this often...or ever! In fact I am never entering one of these again...STRESS! Ha ha. It is a close race so now Hubby and I are obsessed! Plus we could use some summer duds around here!
Thanks,
XOXO
Lina


I am linking to:



Tip Junkie handmade projects

Get Your Craft On Tuesday



Rhinestone Beagle



linkparty


Chic on a Shoestring Decorating



Design Dazzle

13 Comments:

At March 20, 2011 at 7:55 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

way cute!!! winks- jen

 
At March 20, 2011 at 9:04 PM , Blogger Hani said...

that is so cute.. very nice idea!
Love
Hani

 
At March 21, 2011 at 11:16 AM , Blogger D.I.M. Incorporated said...

These are adorable! I can't wait to make some for my little girl! And thanks for the magic eraser tip. That's brilliant! I saw you at craftomanica btw. Thanks for sharing!

 
At March 22, 2011 at 10:18 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love the bling! My daughter would love these!

I am having a giveaway on my blog. $35 + free shipping to get a custom trendy backpack for your darling from Paige Holliday Designs. All you have to do is leave a comment. ends 3/23.

http://houseonashwelllane.blogspot.com/2011/03/35-store-credit-free-shipping-to-get.html

 
At March 22, 2011 at 4:45 PM , Blogger Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper said...

So cute! I think I'd like those for myself :)
www.itsybitsypaperblog.com

 
At March 23, 2011 at 4:32 AM , Blogger Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

very sweet!

 
At March 23, 2011 at 4:03 PM , Blogger emilysnan said...

hiya , your shoes turned out great and for 1/5th of the cost of those other ones and you get the satisfaction that you made them yourself , i did this a few weeks ago for my granddaughter emily and she is only 2 but she loved them and they only cost 3 euro !!! you could pop by my blog and have a peep ?
http://emilysnan.blogspot.com/2011/02/all-blinged-up.html
tfs love your blog
xmaggiex

 
At March 23, 2011 at 4:52 PM , Blogger DIYbyDesign said...

That's some fancy footwear now. Love it. Thanks for sharing at my Swing into Spring party.

 
At March 24, 2011 at 7:25 PM , Blogger Rhinestone Beagle said...

What a cutie! She definately has my vote. Thanks for linking up.

 
At March 25, 2011 at 5:17 PM , Blogger Ellie said...

Those shoes are great! I have a bunch of projects I wish I had picture of for my blog to! Know the feeling.
Stopping by from the t&j linky!

Ellie
http://homestitched.blogspot.com

 
At March 25, 2011 at 5:56 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Love the shoes! We have a pink pair sitting in the closet just begging for some bling. (ps if you ever need more crystals you should try www.artbeads.com they have free shipping, too!)

 
At March 26, 2011 at 9:25 AM , Blogger Stitches said...

OMG! I love it! I have been eyeballing those shoes at the store that are like $45-$65 and thinking they were a bad idea becuase she is going to grow out of them so fast but this is just brilliant!www.mylifeunzipped.blogspot.com

 
At March 30, 2011 at 6:49 PM , Blogger The House Creative said...

Super cute idea! Adorable little girl. Hope you will stop by for a visit. Take care.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home