<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: Toy Box Makeover & Surfboard Wall Art

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Toy Box Makeover & Surfboard Wall Art



My son's cute surfer room has a couple of additions. The first is a hand me down toy box that was my younger brother's. It was just a plain wood toy box with a train painting on the top. It really does hold a lot of storage so I wanted to give it a makeover!


This is the only before pic I can find, right after we (well my talented hubby) cut the mdf bead board and nailed around the box.






After a whole lot of sanding on the top it got two coats of primer and then the color Popcorn by Behr.








I tried Faux Glazing for the first time. I mixed the glaze with a darker color paint and then painted the grooves, while wiping off the excess. Um ya I think this might have been a little advanced for me. I kept thinking it looked like a mess of smeared brown paint...but then when it was all done and dry...not bad! way better than what we started with.




Then for a more polished look I sprayed a cute letter G with red spray paint and glued on.




It fits in so great with the beachy feel of his room! I found that anchor for $3.99 @ Goodwill. The sweet photo canvass I have had for a few years of my two fav boys on a trip to the Oregon coast.




Also I found this tiny wood surf board already hand painted at my Goodwill for $1.99. I already had an old gold frame not in use, sprayed it white, and hung the surfboard in there!




Goes great with the clearance HomeGoods lamp on his nightstand :)




xoxo


Lina




Linking To:




Miss Mustard Seed-Furniture Feature Friday








Making



 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/

Get Your Craft On Tuesday


HOG




Wow Us Wed on Savvy Southern Style




All Things Heart and Home
Transformation Thursday HookingupwithHoH

Catch a Glimpse Button






Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
504 MainPhotobucket


Domestically Speaking

17 Comments:

At April 11, 2011 at 5:33 AM , Blogger Andrea . Charcoal and Crayons said...

I love EVERYTHING on that wall...
The beautiful photo canvas, the Beach Bum sign, the anchor, and the toy box... all look fantastic!
I am loving the surfboard and neat lamp too.
Thanks for sharing!

 
At April 11, 2011 at 9:24 AM , Blogger Meg said...

Love it, I think it looks fantastic!

 
At April 11, 2011 at 10:32 AM , Blogger LBB said...

Turned out so great!! I just love the surf board art too :)

 
At April 11, 2011 at 5:54 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love toy boxes to start with, but yours (well, the whole room) turned out great!

 
At April 11, 2011 at 7:07 PM , Blogger Ashley C. said...

Cute! Love the surfer themed room too!

 
At April 12, 2011 at 9:11 AM , Blogger Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

OKAY -- I REALLY need to do something with my kids' toybox that is just holding old shoes/boots in the basement! Your whole theme room is great!

 
At April 12, 2011 at 1:20 PM , Blogger Trisha @ The Sweet Survival said...

What a great transformation! Love the initial on the top what a fun way to personalize.

 
At April 12, 2011 at 3:25 PM , Blogger The Autocrat: Haley said...

Oh totally lovin' the toy box! Everything looks great!

 
At April 12, 2011 at 5:10 PM , Blogger DIYbyDesign said...

I love what you've done with the toy box. Thanks for sharing it at my Swing into Spring party.

 
At April 13, 2011 at 8:23 AM , Blogger Angie @ Thrifty Like Me said...

Hey Lina,

I just got done perusing your blog and I am now your newest follower. Love your blog and I love that your are a Goodwill and Target junkie like me. :)

Thanks for leaving me a comment so I could find ya!

Angie

 
At April 13, 2011 at 12:36 PM , Blogger Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

So cute. Love them both. I love nautical rooms. Thanks for joining WUW.

 
At April 14, 2011 at 2:54 PM , Blogger Meg @ Never a Dull Day said...

Super cute room! LOVE the monogram toy box!!Found you on House of Hepworth's!

http://megschmitt-neveradullday.blogspot.com/

 
At April 14, 2011 at 8:50 PM , Blogger Megan Gunyan said...

That looks great! I totally hand-painted a "G" on our toy box and this would have been tons easier and look way better! ;) Awesome job.

 
At April 15, 2011 at 3:49 PM , Blogger Sommer said...

How adorable! Our last name starts with a G so I can totally see this in our playroom! I've been searching for a cute cheap box I could refinish for a while now. Hopefully I'll get lucky with garage sale season in full swing! I hope you will share this at my VIP party today... http://designergarden.blogspot.com/2011/04/vip-party-11.html

 
At April 17, 2011 at 10:12 AM , Blogger Julia said...

Im loving th nautical look to it! Great re-do's

 
At April 19, 2011 at 6:10 PM , Blogger DIYbyDesign said...

I featured your awesome toy box at my party this week. Please stop by and pick up an "I've been featured" button. Thanks.

 
At May 17, 2011 at 5:33 PM , Blogger Cassie Bustamante said...

that is adorable! i love how it is all set up, too- that photo above it is gorgeous!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home