<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: Pedestal Vases

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Pedestal Vases


I love turning thrift store items into fancy decor. Here is another example from my kitchen table. I started off with some glass vases I had and some thrift store candle holders. These were about $6.oo for all three. The beaded one is very heavy and my fav.


Then the candle sticks were sprayed white (hence my white spray paint addiction). Ha ha. :) I placed the vases on top and there you go! Fancy smancy :) I filled mine with lemons and moss. I am now mossing all over the place since my Mossy Monogram post! I placed a small nest with eggs over the moss to make it extra chic! Ha. The bird I bought looks creepy so I left him out..ha. The pedestal vases found a home on my kitchen table along with these citrus lovelies I received from my Grammy as a housewarming present many years ago. They are so special to me and I am thrilled to be using them again!





Now I think I need that cool lemon wreath that's been floating around bloggieland Ive seen...hmmm..



If you haven't already seen, here is the link to my Vintage Cupcake Stand you can make with thrift store plates and candle sticks!





Thanks!


xoxo


Lina



I am linking to


Centsational Girl



Junkin Finds Friday Transformation Thursday



Rhinestone Beagle



linkparty


Chic on a Shoestring Decorating






HOG

Tip Junkie handmade projects
Running with Glitter


Photobucket

24 Comments:

At March 23, 2011 at 5:10 PM , Blogger Trevor and Me said...

Love it......

 
At March 24, 2011 at 7:28 AM , Blogger Renee said...

They look great, I love the goodwill store!

 
At March 24, 2011 at 10:44 AM , Blogger Elizabeth said...

way cool!!

 
At March 24, 2011 at 2:37 PM , Blogger Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper said...

Great job! These look fantastic. I love making these apothocary type jars.

www.itsybitsypaperblog.com

 
At March 24, 2011 at 5:12 PM , Blogger ~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a great idea! There are so many old candlesticks at the thrift store where I shop! I'll keep this tip in mind! ♥

 
At March 24, 2011 at 5:42 PM , Blogger Linda @ A La Carte said...

Love how these look with white paint and the glass containers! Great thrifty finds and redo's! Thanks for joining the last JFF! hugs, Linda

 
At March 24, 2011 at 7:27 PM , Blogger Rhinestone Beagle said...

Love the power of paint! Thanks for linking up. Can't wait to see what you got for next week.

 
At March 24, 2011 at 8:08 PM , Blogger The Rusty Bucket said...

Some day I'm just going to start buy the whole lot at garage sales. There isn't anything you couldn't reuse or repurpose. Great tip!

 
At March 25, 2011 at 6:48 AM , Blogger Miss Kitty said...

Thanks for sharing that project! I am going to keep my eyes open for things I can get to try that look too.

 
At March 25, 2011 at 5:26 PM , Blogger Sue@creativetryals.blogspot.com said...

love, Love, LOVE it! I think white spray paint addiction is catchy because I am totally doing this. Thanks for sharing!
Found you on tater tots...

 
At March 26, 2011 at 5:16 AM , Blogger Pam said...

I love all the dishes, candle holders, cake plates I am finding like this as I blog. Nice job.
http://pam-lifethroughmyeyes.blogspot.com/

 
At March 27, 2011 at 7:57 AM , Blogger Kate said...

These turned out so cute! Love the beaded one too. Thanks for linking Flaunt it Friday!

 
At March 28, 2011 at 12:31 PM , Blogger MeMeSue said...

Well hello there! After seeing this little do it your self project and checking out a few more things I said to myself "self...you need to follow this blog" So here I am your newest follower...LOL ;o)

 
At March 28, 2011 at 4:38 PM , Blogger Jill said...

Oooo, I love them! And the lemons are a nice touch!

 
At March 28, 2011 at 6:18 PM , Blogger Leslie said...

These are fantastic! What a great and inexpensive way to create your own apothecary style jars!

 
At March 28, 2011 at 6:52 PM , Blogger Teresa Peschke said...

Thats super cute, I love thrift store finds!

 
At March 28, 2011 at 7:44 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love these! I'm still trying to justify getting some for myself. It's not the cost, I'm just running out of space :)

 
At March 28, 2011 at 8:01 PM , Blogger Theresa @ Just Call Me "T" said...

Those are so cute!

(found you through Tip Junkie- following now)

 
At March 28, 2011 at 8:13 PM , Blogger Kelly @ Run With Glitter said...

Very Neat! I'd love it if you would link up to my glitter party! http://runwithglitter.blogspot.com/2011/03/weekly-tues-thurs-link-party.html

 
At March 29, 2011 at 5:33 PM , Blogger grammy and papi said...

Love your "fanciness"!!

Have a God Filled Day
Shirley

 
At March 29, 2011 at 5:58 PM , Blogger emilysnan said...

hiya , love your project , i am lovin all the white glass around at the min. and how easy to change it to suit seasons and trends
tfs
xmaggiex

 
At March 29, 2011 at 7:20 PM , Blogger Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Those are really great. Thanks for sharing them at WUW.

 
At March 29, 2011 at 7:42 PM , Blogger ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

LOVE the candlesticks white!! Martina

 
At March 31, 2011 at 7:10 PM , Blogger Katie @ EyeSpyDIY said...

Oooh cute, I like the long ones with lemons in them!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home