<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: Pottery Barn Kids Inspired Chair Backs & Our Valentine's Kid Table

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Pottery Barn Kids Inspired Chair Backs & Our Valentine's Kid Table






Pin It



Have you seen the Valentine's Day cuteness happening in the latest Pottery Barn Kids catalog? The chair backers are so darn adorable! I love that the kids can put their Valentine's in them.






Aren't the vintage inspired place mats too cute also? L-O-V-E everything about it.....except the price tag!
So here's how I made my version of the chair backers. I used two cardboard hearts (front and back pieces)red felt, ruffle, felt embellishment heart, and letters for the names. The glue gun was in full effect for this project.






For two 12 inch heart chairbacks I used 3/4 yard felt, 2.25 yards ruffle, and lots of mini glue sticks!

1.) Cut out your 2 cardboard hearts. 2.) Hot glue felt to one side of each heart. Make sure to pull it pretty tight so it looks smooth. 3.) Glue down the ruffle ( or you could use ric rac) to the back of one of your hearts. 4.) I cut a 2.5 inch wide piece shaped like this for the pocket. 5.) Glue down both hearts to your connector piece. It did get a bit messy...but it's just the inside. 6.) Do the same size connector piece to the other side. Now you can embellish the front with hearts and names.

I glued some ribbon on the back to tie to the chair,




and printed out some vintage valentine's....







I wanted to make some place mats for our kid table (which happens to be a Pottery Barn) and decided to make some of these woven foam ones. The idea of the weaving came from my old mommy group in Vegas. (Hi girls! miss ya!)






We made some in black and orange for Halloween once and my kids still love them. it's a great group craft. But these are different because after I glued the strips down, I cut it in a shape of a heart....I love how it turned out!

They did take some time though because I cut one inch strips and measured...something I hate! Lol


Here's how to make them. Start with a large red and pink piece of foam from the craft store. Make one color with 1 inch horizontal cuts. Remember not to cut all the way down...leave an inch. Then do the other in vertical cuts. After cutting then start weaving and gluing. I used hot glue. This takes awhile. You can stop here and it's still cute. Lastly, I made a heart shaped template and cut it out.

If I had to do it over...I'd do two inch spaces. That's what we did for a kids craft. And they used regular glue. It still looks adorbs. :)


Gotta add some dollar store goodies...


So do you love our sweet little fancy and frugal Pottery Barn inspired Valentine table? I do! (and the kids do too.)
Thanks for stopping by!







Xo







Lina






Ps. I'm still trying to score a ticket to SNAP the creative blogging conference. Consider voting for me? Simply click HERE and I am #19. It is open until Jan 27. Thanks bunches :)


linking to:
DebbieDoo's Magazine Copy Cat Challenge


Photobucket






Photobucket


Valentine Party @ Cheap Crafty Mama

Momspiration Mondays @ Moms By Heart






Valentine Bonanza@Kindra At Home





















""/>

Dear Lillie's Valentine's Link Party

The 36th Avenue


Tip Junkie handmade projects















































































































12 Comments:

At January 22, 2012 at 3:39 PM , Blogger April said...

Love this...I hope you will link up for sweet saturday, I heart the chair back cover....

 
At January 22, 2012 at 4:26 PM , Blogger Debbiedoos said...

Oh Lina you are so creative. I really like your copy much better. So cute. Glad you found the party, enjoy, it is a lot of fun to see what everyone else is doing.

 
At January 22, 2012 at 7:04 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I saw this in the PB catalog and am planning to make some! These are so cute! I'm hosting a linky party and would love it if you stop by and link up!
www.serendipityandspice.blogspot.com
-Melissa

 
At January 22, 2012 at 8:08 PM , Blogger The Polka Dot Closet said...

Ok, I voted for you ...Good luck! These Valentines are the cutest ever! Your kids must have gone crazy! Regarding comments, you thought it was something you said and I thought I had just gotten boring LOL!

Carol

 
At January 23, 2012 at 9:58 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

the place mats that are weave design are fabulous ! My grand-daughter would love this stuff I wish she was closer ...but maybe I will make a set for them and mail it off to them this week ! Thanks fro Valentine inspiration !

-KAT-

 
At January 24, 2012 at 5:31 PM , Blogger Brandi said...

I love your creative ideas for Valentine's Day! Makes me wish my kids were still little.

 
At January 25, 2012 at 6:22 PM , Blogger Nicole@Thrifty Decorating said...

I saw these yesterday...love them! :) I'm going to feature them next week! Hope that you all are finally feeling better, too!

 
At January 29, 2012 at 8:28 AM , Blogger Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper said...

This turned out fantastic!! The placemats are great. I hope you will link up to my I Heart Projects Party.

http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2012/01/i-heart-projects-linky-party.html

 
At January 31, 2012 at 7:57 AM , Blogger Stephanie said...

Where did you find the vintage valentines to print out?

 
At February 1, 2012 at 8:41 AM , Blogger Libby A. said...

I LOVE the chair backs!! Pinning for sure! Found you via tip junkie :)

http://ineverylittlemoment.blogspot.com/

 
At February 3, 2012 at 6:55 AM , Blogger Lindsi B said...

I found you on Tip Junkie. Would you please share this with my readers for our Fun Stuff Fridays Valentine's Linky Party? I think it would be a great fit. http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2012/02/14-days-of-valentines-fun-stuff-fridays.html

 
At February 14, 2012 at 11:29 AM , Blogger KimMalk said...

Hi Lena, these are just so adorable! My kids would have just adored this special Valentine table when they were younger. It's things like this that give them really special memories in the future. You rock, mom! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home