<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: DIY Ladybug Nails Manicure

Sunday, January 29, 2012

DIY Ladybug Nails Manicure

Pin It



Somehow I recently stumbled upon the coolest You Tube channel for DIY nail art called CuteNails.
Ever since then I've been a little obsessed with trying out some "dotting" techniques using nail polish, toothpicks, and bobby pins. I was able to accomplish these cute ladybug nails on my little bug, and today I'm sharing how!













Most of the time salon nails are not in our one income budget. I'm so psyched to have learned these fun tips!
The hardest part for me was having my tot stay still long enough to take a few pics afterwards. She does love to get her nails done (like her mom). :)


Here's what I used...Black, white, and red polish as well as the black and white stripers purchased from Sally's Beauty Supply. These have an ultra thin long brush.
Bobby pins and toothpicks are what I used for dotting.

1. Start with 2 thin coats of red polish. 2. Use the black nail striper to line the tips. 3. Fill in the line with black polish (like a french manicure.) 4. Use the striper again down the middle. 5. Put a small puddle of white nail polish on a piece of scrap paper. 6. Dot the end of a bobby pin with the polish and then dot it two times on the black tip part of the nail. 7. Put some black polish on the scrap paper. 8. Make three dots on each side with a toothpick. 9. Wait until completely dry and then apply a clear top coat.















My little love bug was so proud of her nails and showed everyone she could. So cute!

Stay tuned for my Valentine's Day heart nails I painted on myself...












Thanks for stopping by and do have a beautiful day! I appreciate every comment and feature my blog receives. It makes my heart happy :)














Joining:











mop it up mondays






















































































Pinspirational Thursday @ The Artsy Girl Connection










Momspiration Monday@Moms by Heart









Tip Junkie handmade projects











The 36th Avenue























For the Kids Friday




Design Dazzle








11 Comments:

At January 29, 2012 at 5:03 PM , Blogger WhyCuzICan said...

Cute nails...might even say "cute a a bug".... (lol)

Visiting from Homemaker On A Dime!
~Suzanne in NW IL from WhyCuzICan

 
At January 30, 2012 at 10:30 AM , Blogger Lori said...

My daughter is gonna love this! Thanks for sharing on Momspiration Monday!

 
At January 30, 2012 at 5:14 PM , Blogger Missy Shay said...

This is so cute I'm going to pin it!

 
At January 30, 2012 at 5:14 PM , Blogger kristi@ishouldbemoppingthefloor said...

These are so cute! How smart to use a bobby pin for dotting! Would be delighted for you to link to my brand new party: http://www.ishouldbemoppingthefloor.com/2012/01/mop-it-up-mondays-party-1.html
{HUGS},
kristi
your newest follower ; )

 
At January 31, 2012 at 12:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

such a cute idea! I want to try this on my own nails!

 
At February 1, 2012 at 6:08 AM , Blogger Leah Koenig said...

So sweet! I'm having my nieces over for a slumber party... they are going to LOVE this!

xoxo,
your newest follower
leahkoenig.blogspot.com/

 
At February 1, 2012 at 7:17 PM , Blogger Mindie Hilton said...

Love your ladybug nails. Please share at the Bacon Time linky Friday-Monday. Saw you at 36th Avenue.

 
At February 2, 2012 at 7:43 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Too, too cute! You've inspired small one and mine's treat tonight :-)

Thanks so much for taking the time to share at Pin'Inspiration Thursday. Hope to see you on Saturday to help "Beat the Winter Blues". Have an awesome day.

 
At February 2, 2012 at 8:33 AM , Blogger Nikki Monet said...

These are wonderful!! Pinning this. I wonder if my little one would still still long enough for me to do it. She loves getting her nails done!
Hi!! I'm Nikki and Im stopping by from Everything Under the Moon admiring your great blog :) Would love it you would stop by and give us a visit sometime.

Im hosting a giveaway for My Memories Software. Would love for you to enter :) http://everything-underthemoon.blogspot.com/2012/01/giveaway-and-big-thank-you.html


Have a great weekend!!

 
At February 8, 2012 at 4:05 PM , Blogger Marilyn said...

These are ADORABLE.. I LOVE them.. YOU are FEATURED TONIGHT!!! Thanks SO much for linking last week.. I am pinning these and featuring them as a FAV on Pin'Inspirational Thursday's.. THANK YOU and hope you can link up again this evening.. Wishing you a perfect week.. xoxo.. ~Marilyn

 
At February 9, 2012 at 6:47 PM , Blogger JustForDaisy said...

Soooooooo cute! I'm doing this TONIGHT!! :) LOVE IT!! :) Thanks so much for the tutorial... hopefully I've got a steady hand as I've got all the right colours but no thin brushed ones!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home