<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: La La La La...Elmo Nails (DIY)

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

La La La La...Elmo Nails (DIY)

Pin It










My daughter has been a BIG HUGE fan of Elmo since she was tiny. Here's a picture of when she turned two. (Notice she had no hair but that didn't stop me from decorating her head!) ha

That year she had a Girly Elmo Party! It was such a fun theme. And these pics were BB & BP..before blogging & before pinterest...:)



When I recently "Pinned" some Elmo inspired nails on Pinterest via Pretty Polishes, she immediately saw it and squealed happily. Then for about 5 days straight asked if we could do Elmo Nails. So here it is..What we used for these sweet nails: red, black,orange, and white polish. Plus a black nail striper polish, and a large & small nail dotting tool.





I recently found a great inexpensive way to buy nail supplies! I simply asked my local nail salon where they buy and they told me. So I found two local nail supply stores called Sunlight Nail Supply, and Hollywood Beauty Supply in Chandler, AZ and love what I found at both shops.





I picked up a pack of nail dotters for $5.00 and a large dotter for $3.50. Plus they sell nail stripers for $2.00, OPI polish for $5, China Glaze $3.00, and nail art stickers fro 1$. I also found nail sticker polish for 1$. The Sally Hansen ones I love are $8.00 at drug stores!

If you're looking for red nail polish, check here with coupons for Overstock.


After your nails are painted red here are the easy dotting steps...














Everyone at my little girl's school went nuts over these yesterday. She was proudly telling everyone "My mommy made Elmo Nails!"....serious cuteness!





How cute would these be at an Elmo party?!..






And now for your Friday funny....You've gotta dance along with Elmo on a Sesame Street spoof of that LMFAO song that seems to be everywhere these days...It's cute..my kids LOVE,,




I'm Elmo and I know it!!!! I make art! Tickle Tickle Tickle Tickle..Ya.



Thanks for visiting and have a beautiful weekend! xo



























Joining here:


Momma Hens Coop










A++
Fun Stuff Fridays




Design Dazzle















The 36th AVENUE


Tip Junkie handmade projects






















11 Comments:

At February 17, 2012 at 5:32 PM , Blogger Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Those are so cute! My little one would love them. I'm pinning them ... thanks for sharing!

 
At February 18, 2012 at 7:02 PM , Blogger JustForDaisy said...

Love it! I did the ladybird nails and newspaper nails from the 'cutepolish' youtub site! LOVE these Elmo nails... my daughter would also be impressed! Perhaps this is next!

 
At February 19, 2012 at 12:39 PM , Blogger Allyson McGuire said...

I'm visiting your blog from the Along for the Ride blog hop. That party is just adorable! It can be kind of hard to make character parties look original and cute, but you did such a great job!
I hope you'll stop by my blog Cupcakes and Candy Canes, sometime!

Allyson
http://cupcakescandycanes.blogspot.com

 
At February 19, 2012 at 1:55 PM , Blogger Mrs.AOK said...

Super Cute! I'm your newest GFC stalker ; ) I found you through the TT&J Linky Party.
Best-
http://little-miss-aok-bowtique.blogspot.com/

 
At February 19, 2012 at 7:22 PM , Blogger Live Laugh Rowe said...

Hi Lina!

Thank you so very much for participating in the blog hop! Wishing you the very best in your bloggy endeavors! New follower. Cheers!

Kelly
www.livelaughrowe.com

 
At February 19, 2012 at 7:54 PM , Blogger Mindie Hilton said...

So cute, must try these.

 
At February 20, 2012 at 5:10 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi. Hopped on over from the blog hop. Your nails are amazing, you've got some serious patience!

 
At February 21, 2012 at 4:08 AM , Blogger Natalie @ NorthShore Days said...

Oh these are gorgeous! My 19 month old is obsessed with Elmo - cannot live with out him... When she is olde enough Im sure Ill be doing htis to her nails. Im a new follower - please pop over and visit my blog - I have 2 Elmo inspired posts xx Nat

http://northshoredays.blogspot.co.nz/2012/01/elmo-took-trip-to-seaside.html

 
At February 21, 2012 at 4:02 PM , Blogger SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At February 22, 2012 at 8:37 PM , Blogger DesignDazzle.blogspot.com said...

What an adorable idea! Thank you for sharing!

 
At February 25, 2012 at 3:43 PM , Blogger SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

Hi! I pinned this on Pinterest and featured here. Thanks for joining Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop :) Please feel free to grab the feature button.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home