<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://fancyfrugallife.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Fancy Frugal Life: DIY Converse Nails Tutorial

Sunday, February 5, 2012

DIY Converse Nails Tutorial

Pin It



Hi friends! Here's what I just did while watching the Superbowl with my little fam. Speaking of Superbowl..Madonna still rocks. We were all vogue-ing right along :) That was a great show, right?!



Anyways, I took this opportunity to actually paint MY nails. My inspiration was this great channel on YouTube by Cutepolish.



Here's what I used. Black and white nails stripers (long thin brush), black, pink, white polish, and a pen & toothpick for "dotting".


1. I painted all my nails 2 coats of pink.
2. With the striper do a white outline on the nail tip. (Like a french tip)
3. Fill it in with the white polish.
4. Make 3 silver dots down each side of nail with a pen or bobby pin.
5. Make laces with the white striper.
6. With a toothpick dot some black on top of the silver. (They should be smaller dots.)
7. Make a black stripe across the top with the striper.
8. I just did my 3 middle fingers. Make sure it's dry before you clear coat.


Isn't that super fun! I love a cute pink converse...Wouldn't turquoise be cool too? Try it!

Thanks for stopping by!!! xo





Linking to these fab parties:


Tip Junkie handmade projects
The 36th Avenue


Momspiration Mondays @ Moms by Heart
Design Dazzle

the artsygirl connection










Momma Hens Coop


Photobucket

20 Comments:

At February 6, 2012 at 12:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Visiting from Skip To My Lou. Love my converse. Very cute idea! Now, just gotta grow out my nails to do this. lol

 
At February 6, 2012 at 7:21 PM , Blogger Amanda Dale said...

Wish I had longer nails and your patience! Thanks for linking up at Cowgirl UP! Hope to see you next week!
Thanks,
Amanda

 
At February 6, 2012 at 7:22 PM , Blogger Crafty Texas Girl said...

Visiting from "Cowgirl Up"- I love this idea. My girls and I live in Converse. So fun!
:) Samantha @ Crafty Texas Girls

 
At February 6, 2012 at 9:36 PM , Blogger Revi said...

Wow!Amazing hand skills - and you give a whole new meaning to "let your fingers do the walking!" Maybe you're too young to know what that means...:)
-Revi

 
At February 7, 2012 at 7:38 AM , Blogger Leah said...

Hi - visiting from TipMeJunkie.
These are cute - nice way to spend a Sunday afternoon!

 
At February 7, 2012 at 5:22 PM , Blogger Rosemary@villabarnes said...

That's so cute. You must have a very steady hand.

 
At February 8, 2012 at 4:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute idea. Sending your link to my granddaughter. She will love this!

 
At February 8, 2012 at 7:53 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Ha! Very creative. And they can be done the colors of your favorite sports team.

 
At February 8, 2012 at 10:05 PM , Blogger Desiree @ The 36th AVENUE said...

So FUN! Sticker for you my friend... featuring you tomorrow!

 
At February 9, 2012 at 9:51 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Very cute! Kate Spade has the nicest pink and orange tennies that would be so adorable in this version. Maybe, I'll have to buy the shoes too :0)

Thanks so much for taking part in our Pin'Inspiration Party. Hope that you are having as much fun exploring as I am and that you'll take part in helping the "Beat the Winter Blues" on Saturday.

 
At February 9, 2012 at 6:49 PM , Blogger JustForDaisy said...

Soooo cute! I'm doing the cute love bugs on my nails tonight! Love your beautiful blog and am now following along - please come say hi at Just For Daisy! x

 
At February 10, 2012 at 5:24 PM , Blogger Mindie Hilton said...

So cute, I think I pinned some like these on pinterest at one time. Love your tutorial I think I will have to try it now. I would love for you to strut your stuff at Bacon Times anything goes linky.

 
At February 10, 2012 at 5:49 PM , Blogger BeingBrook said...

So adorable!! Way fun idea for a manicure!

 
At February 10, 2012 at 6:36 PM , Blogger Melissa @ No. 2 Pencil said...

too cute! they look awesome!

 
At February 10, 2012 at 9:33 PM , Blogger SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

Hi! I pinned this on Pinterest and will be featured tomorrow. Thanks for joining me this week at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop :)

 
At February 10, 2012 at 10:00 PM , Blogger Karen said...

Such a cute idea! My daughter would love her nails like this! Would love you to stop by and join my party Friday Frolic! Would love you to link up!

http://www.karismaheartsavannah.blogspot.com/2012/02/friday-frolic-13.html

 
At February 11, 2012 at 6:42 AM , Blogger Just Jaime said...

Great tutorial! Your nails look so fun!

If you are interested, we'd love to have you share this at our new link party, http://www.waywardgirlscrafts.com/2012/02/wayward-weekend-week-4.html

 
At February 11, 2012 at 4:59 PM , Blogger Michaela @ coveredinmodpodge.blogspot.com said...

No stinking way! These are too neat. I can barely paint my nails one color.

 
At February 15, 2012 at 3:58 PM , Blogger DesignDazzle.blogspot.com said...

Very Cute! I love this idea!

 
At February 16, 2012 at 6:55 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

These are seriously adorable! I'm going to have to show them to my teen daughter, she'll flip out.
Would you come share them at my brand new weekly "Get Creative" linky party?
http://www.justalittlecreativity.blogspot.com/2012/02/get-creative-linky-party-week-one.html
Hope to see you there!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home